I’ve been very bad boy and brought a Yamaha A-S3000

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
insider9 said:
How very dare you?

*biggrin*
it had to be done at least it’s a safe bet and probably only get a slightly different sound or it might sound the same as my A-S2100 but I will be keeping my A-S2100 anyway .

but a lot of the reviews I’ve read about the Yamaha A-S3000 compared to the Yamaha A-S2100 the A-S2100 is 85% of the performance of the Yamaha A-S3000 so we will see .

Like buying the opticon 8 instaead of the opticon 6
when your on to something good you have to stick with it

when I first brought the opticon 6s yes they where great but when I upgrade to the Dali opticon 8s they where even better so well worth it

so I am using the same principle with the upgrade to the Yamaha A-S3000

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
insider9 said:
How very dare you?

*biggrin*
it had to be done at least it’s a safe bet and probably only get a slightly different sound or it might sound the same as my A-S2100 but I will be keeping my A-S2100 anyway .

but a lot of the reviews I’ve read about the Yamaha A-S3000 compared to the Yamaha A-S2100 the A-S2100 is 85% of the performance of the Yamaha A-S3000 so we will see .

Like buying the opticon 8 instead of the opticon 6

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
D

Deleted member 108165

That Yamaha CD player of yours will be looking a little lowly in the company of the new reference amp Sabbath. Maybe a CD-S3000 + reference level streamer is in order *biggrin*

D

Deleted member 108165

insider9 said:
Very excited for you and I'm sure you can't wait. I'd think long and hard what next step to take before spending any money. There really is so many ways to do it.

Why on earth would he want to do that? Sabbath is the master of spontaneity *biggrin* I've been watching his journey with amazement since he joined the forum. I was left behind eating his dust-trail many years ago.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
DougK said:
That Yamaha CD player of yours will be looking a little lowly in the company of the new reference amp Sabbath. Maybe a CD-S3000 + reference level streamer is in order *biggrin*
I will be keeping the Yamaha CD player to go with the Yamaha A-S3000 as they are both black as it’s not worth buying the matching CD player for the A-S3000 but if in the future my current CD player goes wrong I would probably buy one then if they are still around by then .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Very excited for you and I'm sure you can't wait. I'd think long and hard what next step to take before spending any money. There really is so many ways to do it.
yes I agree I will not rush into buying something else as there is so meany ways I could go and my little Yamaha wxc50 is a good little box for what it is and I am not using it’s dac but as you no the Dac inside my CD player .

but in the future I would probably buy a streamer but without a Dac inside as then I could take advantage of a stand-alone Dac and get what I want but for now the Yamaha wxc50 will do .

insider9

DougK said:
insider9 said:

Why on earth would he want to do that? Sabbath is the master of spontaneity *biggrin* I've been watching his journey with amazement since he joined the forum. I was left behind eating his dust-trail many years ago.
*biggrin*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
DougK said:
insider9 said:

Why on earth would he want to do that? Sabbath is the master of spontaneity *biggrin* I've been watching his journey with amazement since he joined the forum. I was left behind eating his dust-trail many years ago.
*biggrin*
is he saying I am a box swapper ! Like you insider lol

D

Deleted member 108165

Blacksabbath25 said:
insider9 said:
DougK said:
insider9 said:

*biggrin*

Not in the least Sabbath, you are nowhere near Ellis yet, Insider is a mere novice. But no-one beats your spontaneity. Last week it was looking like you were heading towards a streamer unit, by the end of the week you've bought another amp!?! Your Mrs must dread going to Currys with you in tow to buy a domestic appliance as you'll probably walk-out with the shop with the biggest and most up to date TV tucked under your arm... and no dishwasher!

Must admire you though as you've followed the golden rule of doubling you outlay each time in order to achieve an appreciable upgrade in performance *good*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
DougK said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
insider9 said:
DougK said:
insider9 said:

*biggrin*

Not in the least Sabbath, you are nowhere near Ellis yet, Insider is a mere novice. But no-one beats your spontaneity. Last week it was looking like you were heading towards a streamer unit, by the end of the week you've bought another amp!?! Your Mrs must dread going to Currys with you in tow to buy a domestic appliance as you'll probably walk-out with the shop with the biggest and most up to date TV tucked under your arm... and no dishwasher!

Must admire you though as you've followed the golden rule of doubling you outlay each time in order to achieve an appreciable upgrade in performance *good*
it was just the amplifier I had my heart set on but at the time of me buying the Yamaha A-S2100 I couldn’t afford the extra money for the Yamaha A-S3000 so I went with what I could afford at the time and the Yamaha A-S2100 was ex-demo and I paid £1200 which a couple of years ago was a bargain price for a 2100 back then .

but I am still keeping the 2100 I am not parting from it a great amplifier and the the Yamaha A-S3000 is the most I’ve spent on a amplifier before which as you know is a £4000 amplifier which I wished it was cheaper but life to short so I thought right I will get one .

the trouble is my other wish is a pair of Dali epicon 6s in walnut but that’s going to take some doing to get them unless I am lucky and get some secondhand mint for a round £4000 but they are on my wish list .

i did go demoing a month or so ago looking at amplifiers but to better what I had I would have had to spent £7500 as I was looking at luxman ,sugden class A but felt at the time it was a step to far and I didn’t really want to spend that kind of money on a amplifier so in a roundabout way I’ve brought what I like but cheaper then £7500 amplifier .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
but if in the future my current CD player goes wrong I would probably buy one then if they are still around by then .

You have the Oppo 203. That has a CD player and streamer amongst other things.
yes that’s right I will carry on using what I’ve got an till I’ve paid of this Yamaha A-S3000 then I will probably look then

but led zeppelin going sound great tomorrow !

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
With the great music respect towards Yamaha A-S2100 and 3000 in this price range I think I would rather only focus and invest in great Accuphase amps. Listening some CDs on Accu was the most pleasurable experience for me. Though I admit that those Yammies kick ass too.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
stereoman said:
With the great music respect towards Yamaha A-S2100 and 3000 in this price range I think I would rather only focus and invest in great Accuphase amps. Listening some CDs on Accu was the most pleasurable experience for me. Though I admit that those Yammies kick ass too.
The Accuphase is in the same ballpark as the Yamaha A-S3000 but cheaper then Accuphase is as i would of at to pay out a lot more money for a Accuphase the same with luxman

insider9

Believe it or not your amp was the thing on my mind when I noticed snow settled over night :)

I'm sure it will be all fine but do take care unpacking and take pictures while doing so to make sure it wasn't dropped in slippery conditions etc.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Believe it or not your amp was the thing on my mind when I noticed snow settled over night :)

I'm sure it will be all fine but do take care unpacking and take pictures while doing so to make sure it wasn't dropped in slippery conditions etc.
I would post pictures on here but can’t seem to do it anymore for some reason

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Also let the amp reach room temperature before switching it on.

If the internals are very cold and it is suddenly brought into a warm environment then the moisture from the warm air in your house could condensate onto the internal components and circuits inside the amp with disastrous effect on switch on ! *shok*

A couple of hours should be enough to be safe . *good*

Gasolin....I and I'm sure many on the forum take whf reviews with a large pinch of salt.

The reviews are good for being a guide towards a larger shortlist of products that could be of interest to you.

That's some great advice from Electro......I'd have been too excited to wait a couple of hours for temperature to equalise and probably blow it up.lol.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Electro said:
Also let the amp reach room temperature before switching it on.

If the internals are very cold and it is suddenly brought into a warm environment then the moisture from the warm air in your house could condensate onto the internal components and circuits inside the amp with disastrous effect on switch on ! *shok*

A couple of hours should be enough to be safe . *good*
yes mate that’s what I will do as it’s cold out there today

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts