I’ve been very bad boy and brought a Yamaha A-S3000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I mean both amplifiers A-S2100 and A-S3000 are in the same ball park as the likes of luxman except the Class A amplifiers which your looking at £7500 or more for something more powerful in class A and I still think sound very good and when you climb the ladder in hifi sometimes it’s small changes and I no what to expect when I get my hands on the A-S3000 .

I think the A-S3000 is in the same ballpark as Luxman....the A-S2100 less so...but you will be able to tell me.

Sabbath...Steve Huff...REALLY!

I wouldn't listen to a word that man uttered ever....check out his review of the kef ls50 wireless.....what a load of bol#%cks..and his words hold as much weight in the photography world also.....I'm not saying he's wrong about your particular amplifier...but please take his reviews with a large pinch of salt.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Sabbath...Steve Huff...REALLY!

I wouldn't listen to a word that man uttered ever....check out his review of the kef ls50 wireless.....what a load of bol#%cks..and his words hold as much weight in the photography world also.....I'm not saying he's wrong about your particular amplifier...but please take his reviews with a large pinch of salt.
haven’t got a clue who he is but some of the things he was saying came close to my Yamaha A-S2100 and seemed that he own the Yamaha

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
I mean both amplifiers A-S2100 and A-S3000 are in the same ball park as the likes of luxman except the Class A amplifiers which your looking at £7500 or more for something more powerful in class A and I still think sound very good and when you climb the ladder in hifi sometimes it’s small changes and I no what to expect when I get my hands on the A-S3000 .

I think the A-S3000 is in the same ballpark as Luxman....the A-S2100 less so...but you will be able to tell me.
obviously I can’t comment on the new luxman’s that have just come out but the one I listened to which must of been the start of the range for luxman and that was £3500 and the next model up I think is £5000 but felt the luxman I listened to sounded a bit flat sounding but maybe that was down to speakers and the amplifier being cold but that was my thoughts on the luxman and then the sugden which I felt blew the luxman out of the water .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
newlash09 said:
With two great yamaha amps, you can go active and biamp :)
I wouldn’t have the room for 2 amplifiers in my rack it’s full as I’ve got the Yamaha 1070 on the rack as well so I will be using my Yamaha A-S2100 for backup in case of a breakdown and I will use it upstairs anyway .

And I do not think I would notice much of a difference bi-amping I could be wrong but wouldn’t have the room anyway

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
I’ve been so bad today and brought a new Yamaha A-S3000 in black I can’t wait

i am still keeping my A-S2100 as I like it but really wanted to buy the big brother I will see how different it is when I’ve run it in a bit .
Mate, be careful you will soon have the likes of Chebby and MajorFubar asking how you can afford this on benefits? Not that’s it’s any of their business...

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gel said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

i am still keeping my A-S2100 as I like it but really wanted to buy the big brother I will see how different it is when I’ve run it in a bit .
Mate, be careful you will soon have the likes of Chebby and MajorFubar asking how you can afford this on benefits? Not that’s it’s any of their business...
lol intreste free lol thats how i can aford it lol

D

Deleted member 2457

Good for you. Enjoy.
thumbs_up.png

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:

Nice one - they really do look the business.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Paulq said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Nice one - they really do look the business.
thanks yes both the Yamaha A-S2100 and Yamaha A-S3000 look good and build quality is outstanding but the Yamaha A-S3000 been out now since 2013 so getting an old amplifier now but they do not change that much anyway .

But the Yamaha A-S series was meant to be Yamaha’s anniversary models to celebrate so many yes in hifi so they made the Yamaha A-S3000 and it’s CD player to celebrate that go back to some of there original designs

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
thanks yes both the Yamaha A-S2100 and Yamaha A-S3000 look good and build quality is outstanding but the Yamaha A-S3000 been out now since 2013 so getting an old amplifier now but they do not change that much anyway .

But the Yamaha A-S series was meant to be Yamaha’s anniversary models to celebrate so many yes in hifi so they made the Yamaha A-S3000 and it’s CD player to celebrate that go back to some of there original designs

I am sure the new one will be absolutely knockout if the specs are anything to go by......I am slightly jealous.
regular_smile.png

I have followed your journey with Yamaha with interest and must admit being quietly very impressed with their stuff - it's very good quality and understated so I'll be really keen to hear your thoughts when you get the new one and see what difference you feel it makes.

I am looking at a budget CD player at the moment and have my eye on the CD-S300 or a Denon which come recommended. I'd probably favour the Yamaha though know little about it.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Paulq said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

I am sure the new one will be absolutely knockout if the specs are anything to go by......I am slightly jealous.

I have followed your journey with Yamaha with interest and must admit being quietly very impressed with their stuff - it's very good quality and understated so I'll be really keen to hear your thoughts when you get the new one and see what difference you feel it makes.

I am looking at a budget CD player at the moment and have my eye on the CD-S300 or a Denon which come recommended. I'd probably favour the Yamaha though know little about it.
The trouble with Yamaha has a company is what people think about the brand as people normally think it’s just Av amplifiers that they do and instruments and lots of other things .

People can get hang up on a hifi brand or they think it’s not in the same class as the likes Naim , luxman ,big posh brands that people get because of the badge name .

But Yamaha have been making hifi longer then a lot of theses companies who make posh hifi today and I feel that they are never in the lime light it’s always makes like of Marantz , Arcam and others like them .

its not that Yamaha make a bad product they make some good ones and some bad ones which most of the others do to or people think they just make AV amplifiers .

I have owned Marantz PM6005 , Marantz PM8005 , Arcam AV8 processor Arcam P7 power amplifier , abrahamsen 2up Yamaha A-S2100 And soon Yamaha A-S3000 but when that comes I do not no yet but will need a Month of running it in before it comes on song. .

But over the years I’ve never found what I was really looking for until I got the Yamaha A-S2100 paired with Dali then I knew then I found it what I was looking for so manly the reason why I’ve spent a big chunk of money buying the Yamaha A-S3000 because I think it’s worth the money and I kind of no what I will get for sound too which will be close to the Yamaha A-S2100 but got a feeling that power supply will change the sound slightly .

But I also thought to myself how long will Yamaha keep making the Yamaha A-S3000 for as it’s been out now since 2013 so that’s 5 years it’s been out most companies change the design buy now so I thought I would get one before they disappear of the market all together as I like the design ,build , sound which is quite hard to find in a product and I just think it looks a work of art too .

So I will still keep little brother A-S2100 as backup because when that went wrong I missed it when it went away for repair so at lest I will have a backup amplifier as I could of traded it in but didn’t want to .

But I do recommend Yamaha as a product and maybe not to everyone tastes but they are a good product .

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:
But over the years I’ve never found what I was really looking for until I got the Yamaha A-S2100 paired with Dali then I knew then I found it what I was looking for so manly the reason why I’ve spent a big chunk of money buying the Yamaha A-S3000 because I think it’s worth the money

.. and that's all that matters. You have found exactly what you want.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
But over the years I’ve never found what I was really looking for until I got the Yamaha A-S2100 paired with Dali then I knew then I found it what I was looking for so manly the reason why I’ve spent a big chunk of money buying the Yamaha A-S3000 because I think it’s worth the money

.. and that's all that matters. You have found exactly what you want.

+1 that's exactly how I feel... after owning the likes of Cyrus, Naim, Linn, Sugden and trying others such as Devialet, Electrocompaniet and Livardin, Accuphase is the brand I want to stick with... the downside though is that I doubt I'll ever be able to afford to upgrade to their 600 range or a pre/power set up.

I look forward to your impressions on the AS3000 BS.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It will be about probably a month to put some hours onto the Yamaha A-S3000 before I know how much of a difference there is between both of my amplifiers I mean it doesn’t matter really but will be interesting to find out how they both sound together .

but if they sound the same it wouldn’t bother me but would show what a bargain the Yamaha A-S2100 is if that was the case .

anyway I am still waiting for the delivery date most probably next week sometime .

The only thing I do not get about the spec on the A-S3000 is the Watts as it says 100 Watts into 8ohms then 150 Watts into 4 ohms now I thought as I’ve got 4ohm speakers I would get double the power something like 200watts ?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
The only thing I do not get about the spec on the A-S3000 is the Watts as it says 100 Watts into 8ohms then 150 Watts into 4 ohms now I thought as I’ve got 4ohm speakers I would get double the power something like 200watts ?

The fact it is stable into 2 Ohms (over 200W), shows the quality of the power supply.....that's a level that has safety circuits on lesser amps kicking in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts