Humax PVR-9200BTX

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As an owner of the old 9200T I notice that Humax have released a newer version (only available direct) that states that it has a
[*]USB 2.0 port for connecting to your computer to archive your favourite programmes and burn to DVD
Can't find any further info out so I was wondering if anyone owns one out there and if they do how is the archiving done?

Are WHF planning a review in the near future?

A

Anonymous

Download the software for your 9200T.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/Download/products/PVR-9200T.asp

Right at the bottom of the page is a link to the E-linker software.

A

Anonymous

Hi Daveh,

You're think of the the 9200TBX, essentially it's the same as the 9200T but in a black case and a 320gb HDrive instead of the 160gb HDrive. Both the T the TB and the TBX have the same functionality, and as Eddie points out software can be downloaded from Humax themselves and there are plently of sites online that can help.

However, in summary this is how it works;

- Connect a PC/laptop via USB and transfer program files from the Hummy onto the computer.

- The transferred files have a *.ts extention and you should use the utility software to convert it into the correct format.

- Burn the converted files onto DVD, and hey presto there ya go!

A

Anonymous

Agree with the comment that this is the same as the 9200T but it has the bigger drive (which is good to have). Copying via the USB is slow though and then you have to convert files etc. It's a pain. I've hooked mine up to a DVD recorder instead for the rare occaision when something is worth keeping (although if I know I'm gonna keep something I record it straight to the DVD recorder.

John Duncan

[quote user="Birdie"]
Hi Daveh,

You're think of the the 9200TBX, essentially it's the same as the 9200T but in a black case and a 320gb HDrive instead of the 160gb HDrive. Both the T the TB and the TBX have the same functionality, and as Eddie points out software can be downloaded from Humax themselves and there are plently of sites online that can help.

However, in summary this is how it works;

- Connect a PC/laptop via USB and transfer program files from the Hummy onto the computer.

- The transferred files have a *.ts extention and you should use the utility software to convert it into the correct format.

- Burn the converted files onto DVD, and hey presto there ya go!
[/quote]

But.........you can only do it via the eLinker programme, it's slower than real time, and has always conked out half way through, so I;ve never actually managed to transfer anything to DVD. If you want to do a lot of TV archiving to DVD, get a twin-tuner card for your PC, or get a DVD/HDD recorder.

Otherwise, it's a great machine.

A

Anonymous

I''ve tried e-linker but any video file I've tried to transfer fails after a couple of moments although I did have success with a ts file that contained just audio recordered from a Freeviw radio. There are other programs that coud be used but I've recently filled up by laptop with hopeful software that fails to delvier.

But even if it I could successfully trnasfer the .ts files across you then need to convert the little blighters into a DVD format. This starts getting exceedingly messy and long winded. What I was hoping when I saw the spec for the latest model was this was done in the Hummy. The comment about the DVD/HDD recorder tells me that this is not beyond the realm of Humax or Sony et al. I had thought of the said HDD/DVD beast but none meets my reuquirements i.e. Twins Digital Tuners, CAM and a HDD. ( the Sony has one analogue and one digital tuner but described as twin digital and analogue which is a touch misleading)

I ve have managed to directly copy to a separate DVD -recorder but it has to be done in realtime and my ideal world would be to be able to copy to both DVD and Ipod or store on a NAS device to be streamed to other tellies with a fair few legacy connections (S Video, RF, scart etc).

Oh and XBOX 360 to support DNLA . (If Bill happens to be listening)

Back to the drawing board: at least I#ve managed to download the latest Hummy OTA build.

A

Anonymous

Head on over to www.hummy.org/invison and you will find loads of advice and friendly folks, willing to help get you sorted on file transfers.

There is also a hardware mod you can do to make things much better - voids your warranty though, but is 100% reversible.

John Duncan

[quote user="Mr_Orange"]Head on over to www.hummy.org/invison and you will find loads of advice and friendly folks, willing to help get you sorted on file transfers.

There is also a hardware mod you can do to make things much better - voids your warranty though, but is 100% reversible.[/quote]
Interesting, will investigate

Still tempted to get this for the PC as well - so much easier to convert into any format you want from mpg2. And it looks like it does another compressed format at the same time. Can't beat the pause/rewind functionality for ad hoc purposes though.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, just realised I posted the wrong url. It should be: http://www.hummy.org.uk/invison/

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the link. I found a piece of advice about what to do if you encounter problems that mentioned changing channels and updating drivers. This I did and managed to transfer over and play on PC a 2 minute clipvia e-linker and VideoLan. Trouble was the downoad took about 20 minutes and it seems that I had connected at USB 1.1 speed even though I have USB 2 ports. I'm currently trying to work out why this is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts