Humax and Sky HD on the same dish

cayorob

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Guys,

Today i've installed a Humax Freesat HD box running a TV in another room but connected it to the same dish / LNB as my Sky HD box.

The problem i have is that both work perfectly when switched on independantly, as soon as i power up my sky box i loose a number of channels, around half, on the Humax box, with a "No or bad signal" banner in the screen. The rest of the channels remain at 100% strength and quality.

Anyone else heard or have any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

cayorob

May 4, 2009
Visit site
daveh75:

Have you run seperate/independent feeds from dish/LNB to each box or have you just split a single feed to both boxes?

Sounds like the latter to me!

Completely independant feed, plugged in one of the 2 spare sockets on the quad LNB.

daveh75

Well, first i'd try the other/spare port on the LNB and see if that makes any difference.It's not uncommon for a single port on an LNB to be faulty.

Also double check all connections at both LNB and STB ends,make sure there's no braid touching the inner core/conductor of the cables,which could be causing shorts....

If none of the above help's i'd start to suspect it may be a failing PSU in your Sky box,though this is most common with Thomson STB's.

When PSU's start to fail they can cause out of tolerance voltages/control signals or even A/C current to be fed to the LNB,which can cause signal loss/interference on other STB's,even though the faulty box may not have/show any symptoms itself!!!

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'm running a Samsung Sky HD and a Humax on the same quad head without any problems, as Daveh75 suggests, there is definately a problem somewhere in your system!

cayorob

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Cheers Guys, I'm a bit wobbly up the ladder so i'll try the easy option first and swap my HD box with a friends for a night!!

cayorob

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Well it's not my Sky box, my friends one does exactly the same. I'll have to get back up the ladder and check my connections and try the other port in the LNB. Think i'll wait for the snow to clear first!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts