HTC One S - TalkMobile

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
For anyone that's interested - just got a HTC One S - free phone, £16 a month (200 any network/time minutes, 500 texts, unlimited data) on TalkMobile (virtual network run by Carphone Warehouse and powered by Vodafone).

A

Anonymous

Seems like a good deal, BA, what do you think of the One S? I think they're a great phone and can be had for small money 2nd hand as the One X is the one most people want, though comparisons between the two indicate there's not much between them in terms of performance, and screen size/resolution of course.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
the network switch is yet to happen, so I've not been able to use it yet (keep checking, waiting for O2 to drop off!). I don't really use a phone much as I'm at a desk for 10hrs a day, so the low tariff really suits me.

I'll do a bit of a mini review once I've had it a while. From a side-by-side comparison in the shop, the S screen looks a little less vivid than the X, but I found (switching between the same websites) that the S moves a little faster, and oddly the youtube clip I randomly selected looked a bit sharper on the S.

That said, it's VERY big (I may grow to hate it for that). The X is even bigger tho! These phones are £400ish Sim Free, and this one (unlocked) is costing me £384, including the minutes/unlimited data for 2 years, so it's really hard to beat - that's 1/2 the price of an iPhone 4S...

For anyone interested in the deal - it's with carphone warehouse (deal of the week, expires tomorrow).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts