How would you describe the tonal qualities of your current system?

T

the record spot

Overall, pretty neutral these days. The stereo doesn't favour one particular sound but seems to let each recording show up its own merits or failings.

A

Anonymous

squeezebox+ADM9.1T+BK xxls400...neutral

Yam RXV667 + MS902Sig x2 + MS902x2 + Dali Vokal 2 + mja pro 50 sub... Neutral to bright occaisionally, not the most revealing, but very easy on the ear.

squeezebox + Harmony DAC + Arcam A80 + Dali Ikon 6... Neutral to warm, slight midrange recess, wonderful highs.

All sound fantastic. Best allround, ADMs, best with no sub, Dalis

matthewpiano

For CD replay I'm currently using Marantz CD6003 + Cambridge Audio 650A + Mission 751. It sounds open and detailed but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as bright. Neutral is probably a closer description. I'm enjoying it a lot and I just hope the Rega Brio-R doesn't prove to be a sideways move or even a mistake when it finally arrives. :?

tyranniux42

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Incredibly detailed, fast and rhythmic, Boogyness to the max but as for the tonal quality I would describe it as neutral and accurate, especially in the midrange where there is no crossover muddying the waters.

system 2 due to the 602's i would describe as warmish, lovely and again rhythmic.

bliss :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This is a difficult question for me to answer because I don't know what my system sounds like
smiley-undecided.gif

Every Cd sounds different , some are warm and smooth, some bright and ultra detailed, some a balance of both so how do I choose if my system is warm , smooth, neutral or bright ?

I suppose if forced to make a choice I would say neutral because of the range of different sounds it reproduces , no two Cd's sound the same even different tracks on the same Cd sound different , I presume this is because even though they are on the same Cd they were recorded at a different time or place or maybe mastered by a different person on a different day .

I don't like the term 'neutral' though because most people seem to describe a neutral system as a harsh ,grey, boring , uninvolving or less than musical sound and my system is none of these things !.

My description in order of importance would be , musical, effortless, dynamic , and realistic.

You can probably tell that I am quite pleased with it
smiley-wink.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Electro said:
This is a difficult question for me to answer because I don't know what my system sounds like
smiley-undecided.gif

Every Cd sounds different , some are warm and smooth, some bright and ultra detailed, some a balance of both so how do I choose if my system is warm , smooth, neutral or bright ?

I suppose if forced to make a choice I would say neutral because of the range of different sounds it reproduces , no two Cd's sound the same even different tracks on the same Cd sound different , I presume this is because even though they are on the same Cd they were recorded at a different time or place or maybe mastered by a different person on a different day .

I don't like the term 'neutral' though because most people seem to describe a neutral system as a harsh ,grey, boring , uninvolving or less than musical sound and my system is none of these things !.

My description in order of importance would be , musical, effortless, dynamic , and realistic.

You can probably tell that I am quite pleased with it
smiley-wink.gif

That's a good description of the Electrocompaniet sound and why it is one of a handful of brands, whose SS amps I like....nice match with PMC.

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
>but I wouldn't call it neutral.<

If it had a TT front-end then maybe not, but the Transporter output is ruler-flat. Some would say boring! Mabe coherent rather than neutral? The system certainly isn't 'shouty' like so much hi-fi!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts