How to setup my B&W 685, Roksan Kandy K2 amp, and Cyrus CD 6 SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey, I am about to buy B&W 685, Roksan Kandy K2 amp, and Cyrus CD 6 SE. I have a few questions...

1. Would the B&W 683 work with the Roksan Kandy K2 amp?

2. What cables do I need to set it up?

3. Would the ASW610 work with the Roksan Kandy K2 amp

4. Could I plug these into my TV via HDMI?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Firstly, the 683's would be better than the 685's. However, they are totally different animals. If you are happy with floorsatnders as opposed to stand mouted monitors that's fine.

Secondly, interconnects i'd recommend is the Merlin Chopin's. They add extra transparency and work well with the Roksan. Or if that doesn't appeal then try and track down Roksan's or Cyrus's own cables.

Thirdly, I'm not a big fan of subs. It may sink (sorry for the pun!) the sonic qualities, especially if you buy the 683 - unless you live in a converted barn.

Others may be able to help better on the HMDI part of the question.

I hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

That sounds to hard for my brain. What amp/receiver could I hook the 683's up to, would a yamaha be good? I just want an awesome 2.1 system for my TV, I don't want 5.1. I was thinking 2 683's, a sub, and a good receiver. I will leave the CD player cause CDs are well old, no one uses CD anymore, it's all bout iPod these days, 256kbs AAC sounds like CD quality, just some detail lost, but not to much.

ajharris:That sounds to hard for my brain. What amp/receiver could I hook the 683's up to, would a yamaha be good? I just want an awesome 2.1 system for my TV, I don't want 5.1. I was thinking 2 683's, a sub, and a good receiver. I will leave the CD player cause CDs are well old, no one uses CD anymore, it's all bout iPod these days, 256kbs AAC sounds like CD quality, just some detail lost, but not to much.

Your amp will have a DVD or Audio visual section, plug the interconnects into those and corresponding inputs on your tv.

Your Yam will work fine with B&W's, however, even better with Monitor Audio RS6.

A

Anonymous

I don't have a receiver. What is the best 2.1 system for a tv under £2,000?

Decide whether you want dual channel or surround sound. Once you've decided that, go and audition some kit, each brand has its own distinct sonic character - only your ears will conclusively tell you.

Remember that surround sound has its own demands, and extra outlay.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Can't you connect your tv into your roksan kandy k2 amp, check to see if your tv has rca phono outputs & the roksan amp has rca phono inputs, if it has then it can be connected up.

A

Anonymous

ye, it can, but, like my tv has rca, but aint rca well bad qaulity or somin?

SteveR750

I have a similar set up to you, only differents speakers (and they are more demanding than the 683s so they are no problem at all for the K2)

I also connect my DVD / TV to the K2. My DVD is conected to the TV by HDMI, then the phono outputs (setero L and R, ignore the video cable) of the DVD player are conncted into the Line 1 input on the K2. The TV also has phono output (stereo L and R channels) which cold be connected to one of the other line / aux inputs ( I would use Line 2 if I had it connected, but since I cannot receive TV broadcasts then its not connected, yet).

Hope this help.

A

Anonymous

I have got an idea

I am gonna but the MT-30 with the M1 stands, would the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE work with these speakers??????????

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
ajharris:Actually, would an mt 30 work with Yamaha DSP-AX863SE

Should I get a B&W 685 Theatre or an mt 30, the mt 30 is £300 more

The MT-30 package will work with the Yamaha yes - whether it's what you're looking for is another matter - you've mentioned a lot of kit in this thread but I'm not too sure what you're trying to achieve...

The B&W 685 Theatre package will be better than the MT-30 package though - you're paying extra in the MT-30 package for the style speakers and the PV-1 subwoofer to compensate for their lack of bass. The full size 685 package will deliver a better sound for the money.

A

Anonymous

What will have more bass, mt 30 or 685 theatre because 685 theatre have well small sub!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well the 685 speakers themselves can deliver quite a bit of bass which combined with the sub should be fine for most setups. However, you can always upgrade from the ASW608 present in the 685 package to the ASW610 if you think it's going to be an issue (you don't actually buy a 685 Home Theatre package, just all the individual speakers which make this up so it's not a problem to buy the 610 sub instead of the 608).

With the MT-30, you'll probably want to have the receiver set the crossover on the M1 speakers so that the PV-1 sub handles most of the bass due to the nature of small speakers. You don't have this issue with the 685 package.

As I say though, I'm still not clear on whether you actually want a surround setup or a stereo setup - if this is just for TV use (i.e. no DVD or Blu-Ray), then a surround system is a bit wasted IMHO.

TRENDING THREADS