HOW TO MAKE SYSTEMS SOUND BRIGHT?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a problem how to make my set-up more bright. I have tried many things like switching a different CD Player i.e. Cyrus CD6, Arcam Alpha 6 CD, Meridian 506/18 bit & Krell CD DSP. My set-up is quite an old set-up as low budget on the new items as follow: Audiolab 8000CDM/8000DAC Cyrus IIIi - pre amplifier 2 Cyrus Smartpower running in Monobloc Speaker Mission 753Freedom Nordost Solar Wind interconnect - CD to Pre amp Audioquest Ruby - Pre amp to Monobloc Nordost Blue Heaven RevII speaker cables biwire I have tried my set-up above with Mission 753 (not freedom version). The sound is bright but not with 753F. Currently the sound that I have is a big soundstaging & balance. Just a bit more bass but still ok after put the speaker about 1 1/2 feet from the wall. Any idea how to make it bright? p/s. some says by using nordost/cyrus setup I will get a bright system.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The brightest sound I ever heard was Musical fidelity A3 pre/power - Classe cd100 - Focal Chorus 816V .
The early Cyrus was bright or brighter than the recent crops and I thought Roksan Kandy 1 was bright too. In genaral I would say it's the combination between all of your components producing bright sound, not just one out of three. I used to like bright and edgy sounding system but as I got older I prefer warmmer sound.

A

Anonymous

I think you need to be careful with bright sounding systems as the become extremely fatiguing,impressive for 5 minutes,but after that just tires me out personally,but if you want brightness I'd look at QED speakers cable,with Monitor Audio speakers,it looks a bright system to me in the first place

A

Anonymous

Hi, reasonably new to this but could anyone describe 'bright' and 'warm'

A

Anonymous

yeah ...i would agree that bright system will only last for a few minutes before get tires...does it means the brightest the system sounds...the more details/clarity I will get? about the warm system...it sounds like tight & punchy...is it?

A

Anonymous

Maslin,
I find the details in the midrange,vocals,instruments,too much treble gives the false impression that you are getting more detail,I find the wrong,impressive in a quick A/B demo situation,but tiring long term enjoyment,warmth to me again is body to the midrange,some midranges can sound very thin,lacking emotion,cold,hard,but but having some meat,and body to the sound,is how I personally would describe warmth.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="michaelsaffron"]Hi, reasonably new to this but could anyone describe 'bright' and 'warm'[/quote]

Hi,this is my personal view,nothing written in stone,but bright I find over emphasis of the treble unit,exposed,it grabs your attention that it then becomes the thing your ears focus on,but warmth is is found in the midrange,a smoother treble,that integrates better to the midrange,and the midrange has some weight to the sound with good bass extension.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Bright doesn't mean bad but it is the sound that I rather do without, now a day. The brand that known for the bright house sound are Cyrus, Musical Fidelity, Monitor Audio, Cairn. I don't really agree with so call "house sound" though.... for example: MF A3cr was bright but nu-Vista is warm, My old Cyrus 7Q was every thing but bright (although the older Cyrus could be used as a paint stripper!) Can you see what am I trying to say here!?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You don't want a bright system, if I were you ad you are looking for more detail then get some new speakers. Try AVI Neutron IV or Dali Ikon 6 if you prefer florrstanders

A

Anonymous

Mmmm thanks!! Given my speakers are brand new having bought them a few weeks ago (and happy with them) I think I might hang onto them. Not to sound too precious about this but the RS6 have glowing reviews and they sound wonderful-it's down to personal taste.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="michaelsaffron"]but the RS6 have glowing reviews and they sound wonderful-it's down to personal
taste.[/quote]

Yes, you are right there. The reviews is a guideline to introduce products on the market to us. The Great pair of speakers in What Hifi listening room could sound very average in your own room! Most of the super test winners however are very safe bet even if the mag does, on occasion, get criticised for having the same brand win awards year after year. Man Utd won many titles year after year too, only because they are the best!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts