Help/suggestions 4 powered streamer.

Nat

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Help and advice needed making a selection. Here is where I am at. I have recently upgraded my speakers, as mine had blown a tweeter. As luck would have it I found a replacement tweeter on ebay but not before I upgraded.

So I now have a pair of working mission 753's which has cheered me up & I want to find a new use for them.

I am aware that selling them is also an option but Id rather like to keep them if I can.

We entertain a bit and want a device that will make use of the 753's as they will go loud and will make a good party speaker. I also need a device that will play good quality ( high definition ) music and will play it from whatever source is thrown at it. ( MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, & has USB, DLNA, AIR PLAY, Bluetooth, spotifi etc etc ) Ideally I want a "one box" device but within the £500 mark although if someone can persuade me their suggestion is worth the extra the budget can increase. I want a cd player and I like to have bass/treble control. I know top end systems dont have tone controls, but I like them .

Of course I'd love to afford a cyrus lyric 09 or naim uniti2 but they are both way out of budget and dont have tone controls.

Items so far for consideration:

Pioneer HM82 . (£300 )

Marantz M-CR610 ( £369)

Yamaha R-N500 ( £449 )

Sony MAP S (£699 )

These all seem to do what I want, but will they drive a set of mission 753's and control them.

I would be thankful for any advice/recomendation you may have. Please chip in with your opinions/advice if you happen to have one of the aforementioned devices.

Thanks,

Nat.

Nat

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
With the exception of the Yamaha and still not ideal I'm told that none of them will power Mission 753 speakers. Back to the drawing board.

Ivek

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
According to user manual this Mission have high sensitivity and it seems they shouldn't be hard to drive. I've read posts claiming that this Marantz could drive "big" speakers and have excellent sound. I've never heard it.

BTW, I have Cyrus Streamline 2 driving Dynaudio's DM 3/7. It seems to me that it sound better then Cyrus 8 amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts