How to improve your aerial signal

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a device to clean up / improve the aerial signal that feeds into a TV ? I noticed the recent review of the Isotek conditioner in WHF but that was also a mains conditioner (not too bothered about that) and it didn't exactly receive a glowing review (bothered about that). Regards, Steve

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Isotek doesn't actually improve the aerial signal - it just protects against surges and lightning strikes. The only real way to get a better aerial signal is a better aerial. It's usually the most cost-effective upgrade, too...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew.

So these "aerial signal boosters" that you can buy for £15 ish are a bit of a waste of time then ?

A

Anonymous

I agree with Andrew. Tried "aerial amp", don't waste your money, doesn't work at all, in fact, it ruined my signal. Buy better aerial or call service to install properly.

A

Anonymous

Boosters seem to boost the poor elements rather than extract the good bits. One thing that has worked for me (in the past more by accident) is choosing a good Freeview receiver.The 'pulling power' of the Freeview/PVR box can make or break a tv signal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts