How to Haggle?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok so i want a CA dacmagic, and as i found my amp and Speakers for on or below list price, i wanted to keep costs down as im a student!

Anyway before the boo's and hisses start..... I want to go to richer sounds and get a CA DacMagic but they are priced at 230quid and not 200, they say they will match any price, so i looked on ebay and there is a buy now option for about 190 quid, does anyone think or know if i'd get anywhere by doing this?

and i know the obvious answer is to go find out myself but it is quite a journey and im busy working, so i wanted to see on here if it would be a waste of time rather than people working in RS to shoot me down! if not any suggestions on how to find it cheaper?

ps.im also looking for a cheap Airport Express..

Thanks Manch

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Give them a ring saying you live local and that you like to support your local business community where at all possible in these "difficult economic times" rather than using ebay. Just an idea.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Stores that price match only do it on the exact same model and only when available from a brick & mortor competitor.. No physical stores price match the internet. How can they? They have to pay for the store and the staff and the overhead associated with that. Won't be long before we all HAVE to buy on the internet. So many people use the stores to demo and research and then buy online that the stores are going out of business. Over here in the USA the biggest camera retailer just filed for bankruptcy. Everyone buys cameras online now, but they still use the store for the research. It's unethical, but nobody cares...

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
This is the only downside of Richer Sounds being CA's only authorised UK retailer is that it makes a bit of a joke of their price promise.

If you're a student ask do they have a student discount, I'd be surprised if that wasn't worth at least 10%

T

the record spot

Yep, the only place you can buy CA kit is in Richer Sounds, so "Lowest Price Guaranteed" on their ads cracks me up. It's the price, end of story. Ask if they can throw in an interconnect, better chance there I think.

A

Anonymous

jaxwired:

Stores that price match only do it on the exact same model and only when available from a brick & mortor competitor.. No physical stores price match the internet.

Not true - I went into Richer Sounds a few months back and showed them a cheaper price from an online retailer. Not only did they match it - they beat it by £10!
emotion-11.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts