How to get low jitter in S/PDIF digital out?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'd like to build a media centre for my audiophile lossless music playback. However, the digital output in most motherboards isn't of sufficient quality, i.e., the jitter is quite high. I am therefore looking for a device, either a PCI card or an external box that would give me a digital output with low jitter in the range of 20ps. One obvious candidate is the Lynx two but it has DACs on it which I don't need given that I would like to use my Bryston BDA-1 for D to A conversion. I was wondering whether anyone of you learned people are aware of a device that can output digital signal with as little jitter as possible, without the added extra of a DAC or amplification.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:The logitech Transporter,it has low jitter in the the range of 15ps.

Sure, but I pay a premium, circa £1,000 partly because the unit has an onboard DAC which I'd rather not because I don't need it. Is there a device - either a pci card or an external unit - that just does good quality digital out?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Wouldnt the Bryston override any other DACs, or couldnt it be made to? I see waht you're saying, you dont want money to be wasted on things you dont nedd. But you might have to compromise.

A

Anonymous

I've heard good things about the Asus D2X soundcards. I had the conversation with a friend a few weeks ago because I wanted a better digital source to go into my DacMagic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts