How to get audio from TX-NR609 to HiFi amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased an Onkyo TX-NR609 after my Sony STRDA2400 developed an expensive HDMI main PCB fault.

Does anone know how to get 96khz/24bit audio out of this AV receiver to a Hifi Amp.

I have a WDTV Live connected to the receiver with a HDMI cable. On he WD media player I have an attached hard drive with a mixture of MP3 and High res audio(96khz/24bit).

I cannot use Zone 2 as this does not support input from Digital sources.

At the moment I have connected my HiFi to the TV out from a Panasonic LXD700 LCD TV. The audio from the receiver goes to the TV via the connected HDMI cable.

I have to set the reciever to output the audio signal to the TV. This setup plays MP3, FLAC etc fine.

When I play 96khz/24bit using this setup, the information on the Receiver says that the input is 48khz/16bit.

If I set the reciver to AMP only(ie not output to TV Speaker) the information on the Receiver says that the input is 96khz/24bit.

When I connect a USB device to the USB port on the reciever with TV Speaker ON....when I play 96khz/24bit, the information on the Receiver says that the input is 96khz/24bit.

I would prefer not to have the Receiver set to TV Speaker all the time, but that would mean I have to change the settings each time I want to listen through my HiFi.

Also the only way to listen to high res audio would be via the USB port, whilst this is not too much of a problem, I would prefer to have all my music on the 1tb drive connected to the WDTV live.

Any comments would be appeciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts