How to connect Jamo Sub to Amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

New to home cinema, just bought the Jamo A102HCS5 speaker package which I am trying to connect to a Denon AVR 1909, couple of questions:

1) How do you connect the sub to the amp? I have a single subwoofer cale but there are two left and right line in connections, do I need another cable?

2) There are adjustments on the sub, for level, cut off and phase, what should these be set to? Being new to this was hoping that the auto set up on the amp would take care of all this.

3) Does it matter where the sub is located within the room, due to the layout of the room the sub will have to be sited next to the rear speakers close to my viewing chair which is around 3 m from the tv and front & centre speakers. Will this have a big impact on the audio performance?

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
AndyJS:
Hi,

New to home cinema, just bought the Jamo A102HCS5 speaker package which I am trying to connect to a Denon AVR 1909, couple of questions:

1) How do you connect the sub to the amp? I have a single subwoofer cale but there are two left and right line in connections, do I need another cable?

2) There are adjustments on the sub, for level, cut off and phase, what should these be set to? Being new to this was hoping that the auto set up on the amp would take care of all this.

3) Does it matter where the sub is located within the room, due to the layout of the room the sub will have to be sited next to the rear speakers close to my viewing chair which is around 3 m from the tv and front & centre speakers. Will this have a big impact on the audio performance?

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

You just connect from sub pre out on your receiver to either (red/white, left/right) input on the sub.

Leave the sub on auto and don't worry about the settings. The best bet is to use your receiver to control the sub. Set all your speakers to small and have the cut off frequency to 140hz (I used to have this set up and it worked for me). Then the sub will kick in automatically.

There will be a hot spot in your room, where the sub might sound better than anywhere else, however, it will be fine where you mention too.

A

Anonymous

I have the JAMO A102HSC5 that go with an Onkyo TX-SR605 and that's how I have hooked up my sub-woofer to the amp (as described by Gerardsnails), via the sub-woofer pre-outs on the amp. I use a single sub-woofer cable for this - QED.

I was confused by all of the adjustments for the sub-woofer too, and the instruction sheet has very little to offer in terms of guidance, so I now know what to do (courtesy of your question and response from Gerardsnails).

I have my sub-woofer next to my A/V rack which holds up the TV, receiver and Blu-Ray player - seems to be ok for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts