How to add subwoofer to current stereo setup

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I want to introduce a subwoofer to my stereo setup for use as a 2.1 when watching films. Just need a quick check with you guys to see if I’ve got a few connection issues right.

Current setup:

Rotel RA-02 Integrated Amp being used as Pre-amp

Rotel RB-06 Power Amp

Q Acoustics Concept 20 Speakers (connected to Power Amp)

The ‘pre-outs’ on my Integrated are in use supplying the power amp.

The speaker terminals on the integrated are not in use, as the speakers are connected to the power amp.

If I purchased a Q Acoustics 2070Si Subwoofer (which has high level connection) I think I could use the un-used speaker terminals on the integrated to connect the subwoofer – am I correct?

My main concern is that the speakers are being powered by a 70W poweramp, and the subwoofer would be getting its signal from a 40W amplifier – would this be an issue in terms of integration with the stereo speakers?

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Binman, my sub's high level connection are three bare wires (hifi amp end). They connect to three of the four amp terminals used for my hifi speakers. You would need to check the type of HL connection for the cables on the QA sub but if they are the same - you would be connecting to your power amp.

My CC Silverscreen cables are connected to my Brio using banana plugs, and the sub's high level wires (3) are connected to three of the four terminals using the screws.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts