How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD via new EPG

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

tvspecv:the freesat version seems more betterHuh
emotion-18.gif
.Care to elaborate?

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
i had a 46pz81b and watched footy and a few movies via the red button and the quality was wicked!

now i watch it via sky and a samsung not as good now

A

Anonymous

hello,

shame about the commentary though, very patronising and they tend to contradict themselves a lot, itv always ruin sport for me. The rest of itv is rubbish soaps or celebratory nonsense or rubbish factor.

oh no, please forgive me, i'm very opinionated and don't mind ramming down peoples throats. sorry, maybe i should write for the sun ha.

daveh75

tvspecv:so if i have a sony ericcsson and nokia on the orange network i`m suppose to get the same speed on wap on both devices?Mobile networks are a completely different kettle of fish to satellite broadcasting.....

daveh75

PIPPI:
Freesat on my Panasonic TX-P50G10B has a better picture than my Samsung HD box, but I would put that down to the tuner.
Exactly my point, differences are down to the hardware as both your tv and sky stb are receiving the same signal!

ROB2009

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi Clare, thanks for the tip...

However, once I set it up and select 10510 to view, my screen just just goes blue and I have select TV guide to return to the main menu!

Any suggestions, it all works fine until the last step
emotion-6.gif

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rob

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
My pleasure
emotion-2.gif

I've been on a Blu-ray boxset fest, so missed (or not) the ITV HD fuss... They really need to sort it; what with BBC HD's bitrates dropping off and ITV HD so patchy, Freesat/Freeview HD ain't got a lot to boast about right now
emotion-40.gif

daveh75

Clare Newsome:
I'm spending Good Friday a) suffering from a revolting cold and b) getting to grips with the new Sky+HD EPG.

Have just added ITV HD (not that there's anything on at the moment..). Here's how:

Hit the TV guide button on the remote

Scroll along the top menu and select the Options menu (one that looks like a Cluedo head!)

Select the Add Channels menu

Scroll down so 'Frequency' is highlighted - then hit the red button and change the GHz to '11.427'

Change the polarisation to 'H'

Symbol rate (Mbaud) = 27.5

FEC = 2/3

Then hit the yellow button to 'Find Channels'

ITV HD is channel 10510 - add that and save it.

To watch ITV HD, you need to go back to the 'Options' menu; 'Other Channels' and select 10510. And there you go!

For anyone who's interested ITV1 HD is now testing it's simulcast(full time) service on it's new home on Astra 2D.

So if you want to watch upscaled SD as well as occasional HD programmes, you now can(ahead of it's official launch), by manually adding it in the same way as above.

You just need to substitute the details Clare has posted above with the following............

Frequency(GHz) = 10832

Polarisation = H

Symbol Rate(Mbaud) = 22.0

FEC = 5/6

It's currently labelled as 10000/10001 rather than ITV1 HD

It can also be added to Freesat boxes and Freesat IDTV's by going into Non Freesat mode and tuning it manually.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts