How this forum has been allowed to become like this?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
I've never had the pleasure of a face to face debate with anyone about speaker cables yet but if I ever do I'm pretty sure it will end in violence.

*shok* - I think I'll just scratch you off the list of forum members it would be fun to meet in real life...

On a serious note - I doubt too many persons would get into a face to face cable debate... Because: 1) That debate would be really boring & 2) The moment you realise the other person believes something that you regard as complete nonsense, you'd probably just write them off as crazy and walk away.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
I've never had the pleasure of a face to face debate with anyone about speaker cables yet but if I ever do I'm pretty sure it will end in violence.

LOL!

(I understood the humour).

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Ajani said:
steve_1979 said:

*shok* - I think I'll just scratch you off the list of forum members it would be fun to meet in real life...

On a serious note - I doubt too many persons would get into a face to face cable debate... Because: 1) That debate would be really boring & 2) The moment you realise the other person believes something that you regard as complete nonsense, you'd probably just write them off as crazy and walk away.

Nah. I disagree. I have Christian friends. Now cables *is* nonsense, but religion is in a whole higher league. And we get on well...

In real life people tend to avoid discussion that has an inevitable black hole for a conclusion. Life is too short, especially when there are beers to be drunk and bacon butties to be consumed (for example).

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ajani said:
steve_1979 said:

*aggressive* ;)

Seriously though. If we could wave a magic wand and transport all of the regular WHF forum members together with their hifi systems to the same location I bet that we've all have a great time chatting to each other face to face and investigating each others hifi's.

A

Anderson

Did someone mention religion?

Let us discuss in a friendly tactful way, or let's just not. . .

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
fr0g said:
Ajani said:
steve_1979 said:

Nah. I disagree. I have Christian friends. Now cables *is* nonsense, but religion is in a whole higher league. And we get on well...

In real life people tend to avoid discussion that has an inevitable black hole for a conclusion. Life is too short, especially when there are beers to be drunk and bacon butties to be consumed (for example).

I have to disagree that we disagree. Ummm... yeah... anyway...

I think we're saying the same thing. I have some crazy friends who I would NEVER start certain discussions with. I'd walk away from those kind of discussions with them (doesn't mean I'd stop being friends with them though).

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Anderson said:
Did someone mention religion?

Let us discuss in a friendly tactful way, or let's just not. . .

Cables and other hi-fi foo "are" the same as religion. In fact I would be tempted to regard "Audiophilia" as a religion in itself. Lots of belief, lot's written down, no evidence, and refuse to believe scientific evidence that goes against their beliefs, no matter how absurd they may be and no matter how much empirical proof the counter-argument has going for it.

Yep, the Church of Audiophilia is strong here...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Ajani said:
fr0g said:
Ajani said:
steve_1979 said:

I have to disagree that we disagree. Ummm... yeah... anyway...

I think we're saying the same thing. I have some crazy friends who I would NEVER start certain discussions with. I'd walk away from those kind of discussions with them (doesn't mean I'd stop being friends with them though).

Well indeed.

I do wonder how many people have blacklisted my Facebook wall though :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
matthewpiano said:
Freddy58 said:
matthewpiano said:
Freddy58 said:
I think, I think I am, therefore I am.......I think
"Of course you are, my bright little star..." Great album.

Indeed, still gets played a lot here
Played it just the other day. It remains my favourite Moody Blues album.

I must put it in my diary to play later...

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
This is an interesting read for forum members, about how not to design a website.

http://mashable.com/2014/12/24/website-faux-pas/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Point 2 seems so relevant. *dash1*

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
BigH said:
Links don't work either unless see someone else quotes them, see above, how weird is that.

They do if you use the web link button. Just highlight a section of text in the comment box, press the web link button, then paste a web address into the pop up window that appears.

whf_zps11d28498.jpg

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
BigH said:
Links don't work either unless see someone else quotes them, see above, how weird is that.

They do if you use the web link button. Just highlight a section of text in the comment box, press the web link button, then paste a web address into the pop up window that appears.

Yes I know that but why does it work if someone quotes it?

TRENDING THREADS