How noisy is the PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was about to purchase a 60Gb PS3 as the main source in my system, however, my neighbour, who's son has one, claims it is very noisy due to the internal fans and that it would become a distraction when listening at low levels. I didn't hear any noise when I was demoing a PS3, but then I only listened for about half an hour. I believe the PS3 is relativiely power hungry, but do they run hot and run the fans excessively?

A

Anonymous

I purchased myself the PS3 just a few weeks ago now, & I personally think that it is a perfect machine in every way. As for the noise bit well I can't understand what your neighbor is talking about as one of the first things that struck me when I first started up the PS3 was how quite it was, in fact sometimes I have to check the power on light on the console to make sure that it's actually on. I also used to own an Xbox 360, & I can safely say that the xbox console is far more nosier.

A

Anonymous

You can hear it at very low levels but then why would you want to watch something at such a low volume level that you have to sit with one ear on the speaker? Me thinks maybe your neighbour may have a problem with his PS3 if he is claiming it is very noisy.

The 60gb, which I have, does run a bit warmer than the 40gb but not in a major way. There are extra cooling fans that you can buy (none made by Sony which tells its own story) but they will add to any noise and have few allies. Placing it vertically would allow better ventilation and you can get a stand to put it on if you are worried about it getting knocked over.

Do you need the 60gb? Unless you have a box full of PS2 games, then the 40gb now makes better financial sense. You will be hard pushed to find a 60gb for under £450 and that is if you can find one, whereas the 40gb can still be had for £280. If it has to e the 60, then GAME had a few recons. for £339 with 1yr warranty.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reassurance. Does sound like the neighbours is the exception.

By the way, Asda has some at £349, with some kind of bundle offer.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="dosthilldave"]
By the way, Asda has some at £349, with some kind of bundle offer.

[/quote]

Make sure you are the first in the queue tomorrow!! They sold out online a while ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts