How much to spend on a sub?

Kevin Stephens

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Dealer recomended the GSW to go with my GS10s, but seems overkill at more than £1k for a 3.5m x 4.5m room. I want to enjoy bass riffs and organ music not reproduce earthquakes. How much would I need to spemd to get something tunefull that compliments my speakers and rest of my system?

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't necessarily equate cost with an amount or level of bass! If you don't mind breaking the visual continuity with your main speakers, I'd be looking at a couple of small RELs, a B&W PV1 or, if you're feeling rather flush, an Eclipse TD725sw.

A

Anonymous

I think something like the REL R-305 would slip in nicely within your system, new they are around the £800 mark but they do pop up on the bay and can go for around £300-£450

scene

There are some ex-dem deals going on GSW-12s in the £750-800 mark that might be worth checking out, if you can stretch to that.

Sorry, one thing I'm confused about, are you making a 2.1 or 5.1 system - if the latter, is this mainly going to be used for music or AV, if the latter, might want to consider a BK Monolith (or Monolith +), or if the former the XXLS400

TRENDING THREADS