How much do you listen to your hifi?

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I just cant get it to post text to the start of a thread!

Anyway:

I read on another thread a suggestion that people don't actually sit down and listen to their hifi very much.

How often do you listen and for how long?

Chris

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Not very much at the moment, most of my listening is to Spotify and that is on the computer sound system. When I get the facility to stream that through the hifi then it will change.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
To put it in context, I am retired and live alone so have some freedom and I listen for about 2 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon if I'm in. I also listen late at night on headphones when I get in from playing bridge, usually for maybe 1 hour.

Chris

MikeToll

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I listen to everything through the hifi: television, blueray player, tuner, CD player (occasionly) and streamer. Because of that it is running about 3 or 4 hours a day. Actually doing nothing but listening to the music, as opposed to having it on as background while reading or browsing the internet, perhaps about an hour.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
About 12 hours a day (I work from home) mostly with radio (FM or iPlayer) and sometimes a bit more in the evenings if something on TV (or a Blu-ray) merit playing the sound through it.

Music? Maybe an hour or two in any given week.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Sony MP3 player via Westone UM3x earphones for about 45 minutes per day.

Sony MP3 player via an X-Mini II portable speaker for about 6 hours per day.

PC via AVI Neutron 5 speakers for about 2 hours per day (3 hours per day if you include other media apart from music).

Obviously times will vary from day to day but this is about average for me. :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Almost every day and as long as I can get away with :)

Even if there is something on the telly that I want to watch I often keep the music playing mute the TV and turn on the subtitles .

Music is like a drug to me and I am totally addicted , if I am not listening to music on my HiFi system then I am at a live music event or on spotify looking for new music in between reading and posting on HiFi forums :) .

I dread to think was this says about me :shifty: :)

daveh75

Depends on the definition of HiFi.

If you mean High Fidelity playback of recorded music, then it includes my inexpensive active PC setup, listening with headphones via my tablet and/or smartphone and my A/V system as they're all capable of it.

Then 10/12 hours day.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Every day, usually between 2 and 4 hours after work in the evening, depending if I stick a film on instead or watch tv at all.

Thats sitting down in front of the system, maybe a little browsing online as I listen.

matthewpiano

There isn't much pattern to my listening. On days off I generally listen for at least 3 hours when I can, but on working days I don't get home until after seven so there is usually only time for one or two CDs or LPs at the most. Some days I don't listen at all, particularly if I'm very tired or if there is something I want to watch. If we are watching a film I put the sound through the hi-fi so it does get used then.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmm there's no one answer.

Literally sat in front of the HiFi in my living-room downstairs, about four hours a week, though frequently it's on as 'background noise' for more than that.

In my computer-room upstairs, wearing Sennheiser RS180 headphones, easily 15 hours a week.

Listening to my iPhone while walking to-and-from work every day, about 5 hours a week.

Sorry it wasn't a simple answer!

Baldrick1

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Mainly at the weekend and now with the new kit we seem to be listening to it more in the week...it is becoming a serious alternative to TV...especially when there is not much on. :clap:

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
About 4 or 5 hours at the weekend on the adm9s, whilst on the PC.

Every day at work, Spotify through my E215s iems

Sometimes during the week on the HD595s or SRH440s depending which room I'm in, for anything between 30 mins and 3 hours.

plus many hours of TV and music through my TV based system Dali Ikon 6 /Vokal 2

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
When ever I feel like listening to some music.

Some days after driving around all day with work, and I've had some CDs on in the van, then I'm all "Music-ed" out, and then the last thing I want to do is listen to more when I come in the house.

char_lotte

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
More than I should...easily a couple of hours a day when I'm home , more at weekends.

I have even been known to fall asleep after a night out in front of my hifi. Not very ladylike.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts