How much better would Arcam T32 be...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
Fair do's I will get the Arros after the Gyrodec

No, don't buy the Arros on my say-so. You mentioned the dealer that had the Rega turntable also is a dealer for Totem. I said while your at it blag a pair of Arros, they should be a good benchmark, and see how the RS3s stack up.

I have read good things about Rega and Totem...

I was being flippant PP

What Regas do you refer too?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Gandy's chipboard TTs are so so, but I do actually rate the build quality of the RS3's, real cherry veneer and yes I do rate them as they deserve it.

stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
Fair do's I will get the Arros after the Gyrodec

No, don't buy the Arros on my say-so. You mentioned the dealer that had the Rega turntable also is a dealer for Totem. I said while your at it blag a pair of Arros, they should be a good benchmark, and see how the RS3s stack up.

What Regas do you refer too?

[/quote]

The Rega was the Brio-R and Arros. I would guess that if you played at high volumes the Brio may come unstuck. Although wonderful speakers, the Totems can be tricky to drive.

EDIT - sorry it was the original Brio and not the 'R'

tiffany-r

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I had a arcam it was the best tuner I ever had even beet my Yamaha ct7000 .

But it did need a very good aerial to be totally nois free. Now I stream all my radio from my laptop to my dac and I can listen to high bit radio from all over the world in great quality. It makes sense.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
chebby said:
It was just a little irony that in buying a DAB capable tuner (primarily for it's FM performance), you will be adding to the stats that will help the Government decide to switch off FM just a little bit earlier.

99 percent of all radios sold nowadays are both DAB and FM. But even if all their buyers only used the FM part of their purchase, the Government would still count all of them as DAB listeners for the purposes of their stats.

Not so if you count all car radios too, methinks.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
DocG said:
Not so if you count all car radios too, methinks.

Well, don't think he was. I certainly didn't. Pure, old fashioned, indoor, standalone FM (with added DAB) tuners.

No, I mean the government has to take these into account too, when doing their statistics on the DAB/FM ratio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts