How many turntables did you audition...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
i think the old sl-1200 were to work the better option available allthough i had before in a radio station i started with the thorens professional line but bought them second hand and ended up buying two new sl-1200 ,they did work for decades and kept a thorens for my place and it was very fine turntable but tried diferent technics and ended up buying two sl-1200mkII for my work as a dj and a sl-1000 for home use ,i was using professional shure needles for the 1200mkII ,the thorens professional don´t remenber what i had but was a very good one perfect listening of records but the technics 1000 kept using the original stylus that sound very good to me ,later bought a high-end thorens with mc cartridge and maybe the best i had till today, but in the 90´s a friend ofered me a lot of money and i sold it puting to use the SL-1000 with a high-end sure needle and also have a SL-3310 with an eliptical needle from goldring but not being possible to buy a new goldring needle ,they were descontinued i install the technics cartridge that came with it with a also eliptical stylus from technics having also a conical one for the same cartridge ,recentelly i install a bronze 2m stylus from ortofon that i only knew this brand from my father´s revox turntable ,the one with a rectangular box that rotates over the record having a entire system from ortofon , and with an old amplifier from pioneer sounds perfect ,the black one is popular ,some of my friends have them on their turntables ,also tried on my pioneer pl-560 (79) a sumiko cartridge and stylus paid around 700€ both ,it delivers very good sound, but i notice that modern amplifiers don´t have a good phono stage it makes a huge diference when comparing a 70´s amp. and a 90´s amp. allthough i bought a sony es ,the 670 and the phono stage was very good ,but any 70´s amp. that i have at least 6 all sound good with diferent turntables and using tannoy speakers , JBL , pioneer´s hpm and some mission 4ohms 200watts nominal power that with a spec-1 and spec-2 from 76 they do deliver perfect sound but also with a much less powerfull sa-608 from 79 with some technics sb-f3 also sound very good to me with any of my turntables but the 2m bronze it´s in my opinion the one to have at least i´m happy with it (i´m going to look for the references of the others), regards(sorry if my english is confusing i´m portuguese)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts