How good is you hearing

admin_exported

New member
Aug 10, 2019
2,556
4
0
Visit site
How good is your hearing, has anyone on this forum had there hearing tested recently.

Just had the maximum frequency tested and it goes upto about 16.5khz which i thought was quite good

for 44. Next is to carry out amplitude test, and minimum frequncy change tests.

Any members on hear want to test their hearing and let us know how good it is.

There are quite a few online ear tests that work quite well.

here are few online tests.

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G60hM1W_mk
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
At least you can use capitals and full stops Lhc. Looks like the spelling police are struggling with that bit!
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
The_Lhc said:
Better than my eyesight but even so I can still see you posted exactly the same thing yesterday.

Yes and it disappeared/got deleted I can only assume by a what hifi guy for some reason. There seems to be a lot of that going on in this forum. So I posted it again.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
slewis said:
Yawn, boring, this has been posted before. :wave:

Why dont you test your hearing using one or both of the links and post the result
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Craig M. said:
what's the point? it's not like i can do anything about the result. :?

Sure you can! :)

eq-dn9331-main.jpg


My result on the link with the clickable boxes was:

hearingthing.png


Woo, I matched the graph sorta, do I win anything?
 

Andrew Everard

New member
May 30, 2007
1,878
2
0
Visit site
scienceguys said:
Yes and it disappeared/got deleted I can only assume by a what hifi guy for some reason. There seems to be a lot of that going on in this forum. So I posted it again.

Assumption? That's not very scientific.

No conspiracy; just spam filtering.
 

Lee H

New member
Oct 7, 2010
336
0
0
Visit site
scienceguys said:
slewis said:
Yawn, boring, this has been posted before. :wave:

Why dont you test your hearing using one or both of the links and post the result

Why do you insist on turning the enjoyment of music away from emotion and in to black and white stats? Most of your posts seem to be challenges to readers/WHF staffers to prove something or other. Just enjoy it for what it is. How many are you "guys" anyway?
 

Trefor Patten

Well-known member
Mar 31, 2008
40
0
18,540
Visit site
Why do those who post with bad spelling/grammar refer to those who correct them as spelling/grammar 'police'? Do these people not recognise that these disciplines are an aid to accuracy? Why would I take anyone's opinion seriously when they cannot be bothered to distinguish between their and there? If they are that careless, perhaps their opinions are as ill-informed as their spelling and their information similarly full of errors?

Surely checking before you post is just a courtesy to those who read, No?
 

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,255
26
19,220
Visit site
scienceguys said:
Why dont you test your hearing using one or both of the links and post the result
No. I consider eye tests, ear tests, blood pressure tests etc. to be private information and I don't want to feed your curiosity or provide fuel for whatever agenda you might have.
 

Lee H

New member
Oct 7, 2010
336
0
0
Visit site
chebby said:
scienceguys said:
Why dont you test your hearing using one or both of the links and post the result

No. I consider eye tests, ear tests, blood pressure tests etc. to be private information and I don't want to feed your curiosity or provide fuel for whatever agenda you might have.

:clap:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Monstrous said:
My result on the link with the clickable boxes was:

Woo, I matched the graph sorta, do I win anything?

Yes you win a gold star from the scienceguys, lol

Thats not a bad result, not sure whether you qualify for the Audiophile golden ears award though.

I'l test mine using that site tonight and post my results.

EDITED BY MODS to clarfiy quote
 

Alec

Well-known member
Oct 8, 2007
478
0
18,890
Visit site
Trefor Patten said:
Why do those who post with bad spelling/grammar refer to those who correct them as spelling/grammar 'police'? Do these people not recognise that these disciplines are an aid to accuracy? Why would I take anyone's opinion seriously when they cannot be bothered to distinguish between their and there? If they are that careless, perhaps their opinions are as ill-informed as their spelling and their information similarly full of errors?

Surely checking before you post is just a courtesy to those who read, No?

Yes, nd if u rite properish u mus no wot yer on bout yeh?
 

CJSF

New member
May 25, 2011
251
1
0
Visit site
Trefor Patten said:
Why do those who post with bad spelling/grammar refer to those who correct them as spelling/grammar 'police'? Do these people not recognise that these disciplines are an aid to accuracy? Why would I take anyone's opinion seriously when they cannot be bothered to distinguish between their and there? If they are that careless, perhaps their opinions are as ill-informed as their spelling and their information similarly full of errors?

Surely checking before you post is just a courtesy to those who read, No?

Very Superior, 'Holier than though' . . . One has a beef about such attitudes, I'm dyslexic, however because my schooling was back in the 50's/60's, I was considered thick and ignored, pushed into a corner!! In retrospect, it has destroyed my life . . . ?? Not quite, certainly my potential has not been fully realised, but its to late to change now. My point, such attitude is rude and thoughtless, you are simply saying 'I am better than you' . . .

Thanks to a very supportive family, especially my late, dear wife, a magazine editor and the wonders of computer spell checking, I have managed to get by on the communication stakes, despite attitudes like yours!

Please, think before you open and put foot in big mouth . . . CJSF
 

TRENDING THREADS