how far should i toe-in?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
im using b&w 685's on atacama nexus 6 speaker stands and im rather confused as to get the best possible stereo image. should my speakers be directly pointing to my ears? or should they be toed in ever so slightly?

matthewpiano

No real rules here. Keep experimenting until it sounds right to you. It can make quite a big difference with some speakers but it just requires a bit of patience to try different positions. Have fun with it!

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I think a slight toe-in is all that's required for most speakers, otherwise the stereo image will probably be unsatisfactory and may even depend on how you move your head!

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
in the 685's handbook it's suggesting that i toe the speakers in so that their facing my knee-cap? didnt think speakers were meant to be that far in, anyway i tried it and it sounds pretty solid to me!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
And what about the rest of the family or friends or guests or kids who want to listen as well?

It makes me giggle imagining all these earnest blokes (with concentrated frowns) moving 'The Listening Chair' through infinitessimally small angles, using protractors and tape measures to ensure their heads are exactly at the point of a perfect equilateral triangle, and slumping into 'The Listening Chair', squinting at the tops of their speakers until satisfied that ears are precisely aligned with tweeters!

maxell.jpg

A

Anonymous

See the, 'getting the most from your hi-fi vid' http://whathifi.com/HowTo/Get-the-best-from-your-hi-fi/Vidcasts/ Chapter 6

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts