How do you watch stuff on a computer, on the TV using a PS3?

idc

I have searched the forum and had a look on the internet, but got stuck pretty quickly. I have a Sony Vaio, a PS3 and a TV. I would like to watch stuff from BBC iPlayer, You Tube and Love Film streamed to the TV via PS3, wirelessly from laptop to PS3 and then there is already an HDMI from the PS3 to the TV.

I can find downloads from the likes of Nero and TVersity which seem to allow me to do the above, but maybe not with their free versions. Do I need to download something like that?

Or is there something in the PS3 that would allow it to search for the laptop and I could stream that way?

Or do I need to buy a dongle or something like that?

Thanks.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I dont think theres anything free that alows streaming of iplayer etc. Tversity works very well, but streams files off the computer - not streaming from the net (And file specific of course). The pro version allows iplayer and youtube (not Love Film)

PS3 already has all 3 anyways so im confused why youd want to stream to the ps3 when the ps3 will happily play all 3 anyways (except HD content, why theyve not allowed iplayer HD on the PS3 is anyones guess. Mine is its sony trying to get everyone to buy a seperate bluray player with iplayer included). Have you not updated the PS3 to include everything?

Not sure why you mention a dongle. PS3s have wireless built in. Although I prefer streaming via ethernet (And homeplugs)

idc

Thanks Rick. I think I have managed to add in an unnecessary step as I have been reading the PS3 site. If I connect the PS3 to my wireless router is it as simple as letting the PS3 get iPlayer, You Tube and Love Film straight off the internet, missing out the computer?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
idc said:
Thanks Rick. I think I have managed to add in an unnecessary step as I have been reading the PS3 site. If I connect the PS3 to my wireless router is it as simple as letting the PS3 get iPlayer, You Tube and Love Film straight off the internet, missing out the computer?

Youtube and Iplayer work direct off the PS3 (None HD content though - I wish sony would sort that). Lovefilm does too. Whether lovefilm has free content im unsure (think ill have a look at that now out of intrigue)

So yes, just have the PS3 connected to the net and away you go

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts