How do you chane the power cable on a LED TV???

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have recently got a LG LED TV to put in to one of the bedrooms but the power cable is quite short so I need to extend it. Normally its a simple case of unplugging the supplied cable and replacing it with a longer one but on these LED models the power cable goes into the back of the TV behind a removible cover and I am worried that if I remove this cover to invertigate further I may void the TV warrantry.

I did contact LG direct but they were of no help so anyone else had this issue and if so how do you overcome it???

mains-power-extension-lead-1-gang-2m-cable-length-white-453-p.jpg

http://www.digispot.co.uk/mains-power-extension-lead-1-gang-2m-cable-length-white-453-p.asp

The best way would probably be to attach a male IEC plug. Then you can extend it with any regular (or high performance) mains lead.

If you have a moulded on mains plug, which seems almost universal these days, you will have to chop that off first, and then follow the normal wiring conventions.

All that said, for a bedroom, wouldn't a normal extension socket (less than fiver in most DIY shops or supermarkets) do the trick?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts