How do i connect up a stereo amp and surround amp to the same front 2 speakers and sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a yamaha rxv640rds surround amp. its worth about £470rrp 3yr ago. I have the monitor audio bronze av speakers with the £400 BR5s as my front main speakers. should i use a dedicated stereo amp for music on them or does the av amp do a good enough job. If i do how will i connect up a stereo amp to the same speakers. bear in mind if i connect 2 runs of cable at the speaker thier will be output current flowing in the wrong direction to the opposite amp wich i would have thought would not be healthy. also i guess my br10 sub would have to be connected about each time i change from music to movies.

please tell me my surround amp is good enough then i wont need to worry.

thankyou

A

Anonymous

connect the main stereo speakers to a stereo power amplifier and connect that to the front pre outs from the yamaha receiver.

A

Anonymous

with the sub connected to the receiver you will be using the receiver all the levels would change as nomal.

A

Anonymous

cheers mate, a bit messy i suppose if it is for normal use.. do some amps have those connections on the back to hide the wires?

A

Anonymous

oh yeah and i guess the cd player just connecting to the stereo amp or to the surround amp

A

Anonymous

by front pre outs i refer to the 5.1 channel output on the rear of your receiver. From this take a stereo RCA cable from the sockets marked Front L and Front R, to the stereo input on a power amp. must be a power amp, not an integrated. then run all decices thru your receiver, which will pass on the sound to the power amp, and control the volume level.

A

Anonymous

Mate Richard has explained it completely correctly. It will not be messy. Print out this page and take it to your hi-fi dealer if you're still confussed and you'll end up with the right product.

A

Anonymous

If you woudl like to go to this link;
http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1430
The rear panel view shows the 6.1 channel outputs just above the front speaker outputs. Use the Main L and Main R, white and red respectively, to connect with one of these;
http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/1351/ixos-xha305-100-pc-ofc-twisted-pair-phono-cable-1m/display.html
to the RCA stereo input on one of these;
http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/products/power_amps/p7000s/index.html
Then connect your speakers to its speaker outputs.

A

Anonymous

nice one fellas i appreciate that.. just to answer the last part of the q? do you think it will noticably improve the stereo quality using a stereo amp rather thanusing stereo mode on surround. thanx

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just to clarify again - sorry for late post but have just driven back from Cornwall (long story...) - to do what you want to do you need a good stereo integrated amp, not a power amplifier.

See the answers to similar queries I've given here and here.

And yes, it will give your superior results - the best of both worlds, in fact...

A

Anonymous

cheers mate a inegrated amp for me then, i guess ill have to get one after i get a new plasma upgrade next month. ps i guess the other answer above was wrong, i definately dont want a power amp..

tou wouldnt be able to tell me if you reckon the philips cdr 796 is a decent player recorder would you, im thinkin of upgrading from it to something else.. cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts