How best to spend my 4k budget?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have amaximum 4k to spend on a new home cinema system, I am thinking of buying-

TV Pioneer PDP-LX5090 (£2200)

Speakers B&W 685 Theatre (£1200)

Receiver Yamaha DSP-AX863 (£600)

Blu-Ray Player Pioneer BDP-51FD (£400)

Do you think A) a decent choice?

B) If I went to one independant dealer, I could get the kit for 4K or should I buy seperate online?

C) Change the T.V. to a Panasonic TX-P46G15 ?

D) Your suggestions 

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I think you've picked out some pretty decent kit there. Don't forget to budget for cables. I would always recommend going to a local retailer as after-purchase support and an on-going relationship are extremely beneficial. You'll often find that by going to the retailer they will often put together the best deal they can for you, and often times give you good deals on one-off add on purchases down the road.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, ÿI am finding that the TV is available but at a price.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Yes I forgot the cables! I think you are right with the local dealers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't really argue with any of your choices, but one thing I would do is to maybe not get the full speaker package initially - get the five speakers but leave the sub until later, and spend that extra on a slightly better amp. Speakers in the price range you're looking at will sound a lot better on the end of an RXV1900 or an RXV3900. Well worth the investment long term.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
fmcdora:

I have amaximum 4k to spend on a new home cinema system, I am thinking of buying-

TV Pioneer PDP-LX5090 (£2200)

Do you think C) Change the T.V. to a Panasonic TX-P46G15 ?

D) Your suggestions One suggestion - you mention this is a home cinema system - have you considered a projector? A high quality projector, full 1080p can be had for much less than the plasma, and give you as big a screen as you want. If you already have a TV for everyday viewing, we're finding more an more people are spending the TV money on a projector which, let's face it, is far more important than the quality of the TV they're watching digitally compressed channels on. Even something like the Mitsubishi HC6500 at £1649 would come in at less than £2k with a dedicated screen, and you can then enjoy 6, 7, 8 or even 9 foot diagonals, rather than just 4 feet........far more cinematic, and more in line with the size soundstage a good sound system produces.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I thought about a projector but I think I would watch normal tv about 50% and films thew other 50%, I was thinking that to buy a decent projector and then the screen ( I would need the screen not to be there all the time) it would all add up, do you think it is waste to use the projector to watch TV?

A

Anonymous

yeah its a old sony about 32 inch I don`t really want to use it, i would want to get a hd tv to hook up to my sky box and I really cant afford to have a TV and a projector.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Shame.

If I was planning a new AV system, I'd be budgeting for a basic HD screen for the ocassional TV use (doesn't need to be 1080) and a projector for my main viewing, which would be films and games.

A

Anonymous

Mhhhhhhhhhhh food for thought there I will have a look at the options, that would be the best of both worlds thanks.

A

Anonymous

once you've seen movies on a projector tv will never be the same

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts