How best to follow what live concerts are coming?

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Any advice on how to follow the announcements of live music events in London?

I enjoy a good live concert but find I miss a lot - by the time I know there an artist that I like is performing it is already sold out. Following venues and individual artists via their web-sites and mailing lists may be one answer but in our 'information on your fingertips' age there must be other ways - dedicated web-sites? Forums? Magazines? Any other advice?

If I do not want to go to a massive venue to see a singing pair of knickers of today advertised in the free paper but looking for real musicians in a variety of janres - where do I look?

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
If you have Spotify then the Songkick app is amazing.

It scans your iTunes library and alerts you when your artist are due to play live. I've been emailed about Crazy P, Orbital and Moby recently... well before the tickets sell out!

JoshRossouw

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
^ Songkick is great.

I think another option is to join mailing lists of nearby venues. Instead of individual artists. This way you get updated on a range of dates for various artists without the dissapointment when you see your favourite band has no dates nearby :'(

A

Anonymous

tried SongKick today - brilliant.

booked two gigs already.

Ben Howard and The Civil Wars

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Which network are you with AlmaataKZ? O2 are sponsoring venues at the minute and if you register (priority) you will get updates and exclusive tickets (normally a week before general sale) to buy. Good stuff from o2.

I also use Timeout.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts