How best to connect a Toshiba SD-900e to my system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a second hand Toshiba SD-900e multi region DVD player second hand. Well, I say just bought, I'll be picking it up later this week. Need a hand understanding how best to connect it up to my plasma screen. Anyone care to help me? I don't currently have a set of componant cables, just a good quality scart cable. Should I buy some componant cables? If I do so, how does the sound get to the TV for basic sound when the surround amp is switched off? Never used componant before so I need a bit of educating. Planning to use my coaxial cable for multichannel sound and experiement with stereo phono cables for CD replay. Lets see which works better. But with regard to Video signal and associated sound to the TV, what's everyone's advice? Thanks chaps and chapesses.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Component for the picture, stereo analogue for the sound - assuming the TV has stereo line-ins.

I'm assuming you didn't pay much for the old dinosaur...

A

Anonymous

Hmmmm, not sure. Better check. May be that I will only be able to listen to sound through the amp. But that is no great loss! Or, I could get a Scart to phono adapter and use the Scart to pipe the audio seperately to the amp connections. That would work perhaps!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Will Harris"]Hmmmm, not sure. Better check. May be that I will only be able to listen to sound through the amp. But that is no great loss! Or, I could get a Scart to phono adapter and use the Scart to pipe the audio seperately to the amp connections. That would work perhaps![/quote]

Yes, if you can set it up to output audio via Scart and phonos at same time. But I'd use the Scart-to-phono connections to feed the TV, not to your amp for CD playback.

Is the one you've bought the one the guy's been struggling to sell elsewhere, last seen at about £180?

A

Anonymous

Well doesn't look like this one struggled much. £120 and I collect from Kent. Seems in good nick and multi region. So can't go too far wrong at that price can I?

Yup, if my TV will take a phono audio input then maybe audio down the scart just to the TV would work. Didn't want to use the stereo phonos because I'd lose the ability to connect to the amp for CD replay without another Y phono connector. May do that actually. Lets see!

A

Anonymous

Well I've bought it and connected it up via RGB Scart as the Component cable arrives tomorrow. Picture is already better. This player is rather nice! Will let you know about sound when it's an acceptable time of day to have it turned up!

Digital Video Essentials setup disk is definitely essential!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts