House rules

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
bigboss said:
NSA_watch_my_toilet said:
Joe Cox said:
15. We will not tolerate abusive criticism of What Hi-Fi?, its publisher and staff. We will also remove any links to other sites abusing What Hi-Fi?, its publisher and staff.

Can you be more precise on that ? What is "abusive criticism of What Hi-Fi?" meant to be exactly ?
The kind of posts that existed until about 3-4 years ago (and sometimes even now). Criticism is fine, but shouldn't go down to the level of personal abuse. That's my understanding.
that's the trouble with this site people do get personal and give abuse here is what i mean ......

Blacksabbath25 wrote: Animesh Ghose wrote: May sound a bit grumpy having lost to west indies in the semis yesterday, but hay, life goes on. back to the topic. i don't have problem with ppl banging on about their own brand, i have problem with ppl acting like pimps for certain brand. I don't have prombel with Colin / ipl accoustics advertising his business on this forum, i have problem with ppl creating fake profile to influence purchase. i don't have problem with forum members supporting Colin / ipl, i have problem with ppl being unfair to other brands in doing so. i have problem with ppl deliberetly trying to keep their thread alive and creating new ones to pimp up their own brands ( there are only 2/3such members here who do that) i have so far owned 4 different brands of amps. MF, Marantz, Creek & Leema. Never once have i reccomended these brands to anyone before asking them to hear it for themselves. Even when i wrote my impressions on evo50a and tucana ii i tried to be as fair as i can be to other brands with in their respective price brackets. I understand ppl can get a bit emotionally attached to their toys ,which is clearly the case with blacksabbath but we also must learn to get over things and move on in life. me .... there is nothing wrong in loving what you have ! What happens in the future when someone asks about abrahamsen. ? Sorry we can not talk about anything abrahamsen at all here because no one likes too because Colin sells abrahamsen he has never made it a secret on here that he is a dealer of abrahamsen he has been open and honest and you never see him on here trying to sell anything . It's a Hifi site people talk about Hifi what ever it is . There is nothing in the rules to say I can not take about abrahamsen get over it ! actually u r right......... It doesn't say on the rule book that i can stop you from being colin's pimp. So u can carry on m8.
Have you reported the thread to the mods?

report all you like. I stand by what i said. Truth hurts.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
bigboss said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
bigboss said:
Joe Cox said:
15. We will not tolerate abusive criticism of What Hi-Fi?, its publisher and staff. We will also remove any links to other sites abusing What Hi-Fi?, its publisher and staff.

Can you be more precise on that ? What is "abusive criticism of What Hi-Fi?" meant to be exactly ?
The kind of posts that existed until about 3-4 years ago (and sometimes even now). Criticism is fine, but shouldn't go down to the level of personal abuse. That's my understanding.
that's the trouble with this site people do get personal and give abuse here is what i mean ......

Blacksabbath25 wrote: Animesh Ghose wrote: May sound a bit grumpy having lost to west indies in the semis yesterday, but hay, life goes on. back to the topic. i don't have problem with ppl banging on about their own brand, i have problem with ppl acting like pimps for certain brand. I don't have prombel with Colin / ipl accoustics advertising his business on this forum, i have problem with ppl creating fake profile to influence purchase. i don't have problem with forum members supporting Colin / ipl, i have problem with ppl being unfair to other brands in doing so. i have problem with ppl deliberetly trying to keep their thread alive and creating new ones to pimp up their own brands ( there are only 2/3such members here who do that) i have so far owned 4 different brands of amps. MF, Marantz, Creek & Leema. Never once have i reccomended these brands to anyone before asking them to hear it for themselves. Even when i wrote my impressions on evo50a and tucana ii i tried to be as fair as i can be to other brands with in their respective price brackets. I understand ppl can get a bit emotionally attached to their toys ,which is clearly the case with blacksabbath but we also must learn to get over things and move on in life. me .... there is nothing wrong in loving what you have ! What happens in the future when someone asks about abrahamsen. ? Sorry we can not talk about anything abrahamsen at all here because no one likes too because Colin sells abrahamsen he has never made it a secret on here that he is a dealer of abrahamsen he has been open and honest and you never see him on here trying to sell anything . It's a Hifi site people talk about Hifi what ever it is . There is nothing in the rules to say I can not take about abrahamsen get over it ! actually u r right......... It doesn't say on the rule book that i can stop you from being colin's pimp. So u can carry on m8.
Have you reported the thread to the mods?

report all you like. I stand by what i said. Truth hurts.
your just a nasty person and you no nothing about me *diablo*

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Would be more correct! - As soon as the thread becomes active again (after a lengthy passage of time) some people just can't give up! - Just let it go for goodness sake!

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately not everyone can tell themselves, "just let it go - it isn't worth the hassle".

Sadly it is quite common for threads to start off with just mild disagreement, but with everyone wanting to have the last word, so the disagreements get deeper and more vitriolic, and the thread/argument drags on for hours.

That's life.

K

keeper of the quays

drummerman said:
We need a good cable thread to unite us again.
thought everyone was being nice? That post by the major re things stay with us..my view has changed regarding some of the gentleman here..im gonna be nice as pie in future. I realised we all have our burdens! No more sarcasm from me..

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
drummerman said:
We need a good cable thread to unite us again.
thought everyone was being nice? That post by the major re things stay with us..my view has changed regarding some of the gentleman here..im gonna be nice as pie in future. I realised we all have our burdens! No more sarcasm from me..

Nor me. I pr ... :)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Well I certainly do not want any trouble but after a week or 2 he adds a comment on this thread and he still carries on with his words of choice . I never reported him back then when he was being like that with me but after he left the comment on this thread the other day I am afraid I did report him as the man is totally out of order and not the sort of person we need on here .

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not completely fluent in english. So could somebody explain to me if it's a polite way to talk with peoples in England (post#4) ?

Al ears said:
Cannot say I have actually experienced one but logically you assume someone selling a turntable sells it with a competent power supply. I would normally disagree with NSA because he tends to be a re-interant wind up merchant, but here he may have a point, but on cost only. This money spent on a better cartridge would be a better spend.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/turntables-and-lps/rega-power-supply

K

keeper of the quays

I'm not completely fluent in english. So could somebody explain to me if it's a polite way to talk with peoples in England (post#4) ?

Al ears said:
Cannot say I have actually experienced one but logically you assume someone selling a turntable sells it with a competent power supply. I would normally disagree with NSA because he tends to be a re-interant wind up merchant, but here he may have a point, but on cost only. This money spent on a better cartridge would be a better spend.

It's a grudging acceptance that you have said something he agrees with! In fact you could say it's a form of respect by the back door! So it's not rude as such..he is paying you a compliment..the English language can be very convoluted at times..and I must add that al ears is a nice guy! So a compliment from him, however received is a honour!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not completely fluent in english.

Don't worry, a lot of people born here aren't completely fluent in English. In fact among our underclass subcultures, the worse a person is at basic things like spelling and writing, the higher they are regarded among their peers, because it's a form of rebelling against convention. Whereas in my opinion, unless a person basically has learning difficulties with those skills, all it shows is they are a lazy ####.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
MajorFubar said:

Don't worry, a lot of people born here aren't completely fluent in English. In fact among our underclass subcultures, the worse a person is at basic things like spelling and writing, the higher they are regarded among their peers, because it's a form of rebelling against convention. Whereas in my opinion, unless a person basically has learning difficulties with those skills, all it shows is they are a lazy ####.

Eye fink sew two

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:

Or a pretentious T### (rhymes with Pratt)?

D

Deleted member 2457

Infiniteloop said:
MajorFubar said:

Or a pretentious T### (rhymes with Pratt)?
****?

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Al ears said:

Yes AI ears is showing you grudging respect. Unfortunately he accidently then doesn't realise that you are one of the few female members of the forum.
wink_smile.gif

expat_mike said:

Al ears said:

Yes AI ears is showing you grudging respect. Unfortunately he accidently then doesn't realise that you are one of the few female members of the forum.

Really? I stand educated. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts