horizontal lines only on half the screen

nigel white

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi to u all

this my first time on here and iam looking for some help please.

My Panasonic TXP50GT30B has suddenly developed horizontal lines across half of the screen from top to bottom. The lines are fairly faint but there all the time when the background is dark, but when the background is light the lines go magenta, cyan and yellow.

Any ideas please?

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I had a similar problem some years ago with a top-of-the-range Philips CRT widescreen. The lines only appeared during the winter months the first year, then they began to appear all the time, but turned dark red! The set was rented, so I got it replaced.

If you search Google for horizontal lines on plasma tv you'll find lots of links, such as this one:-

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18542

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I have no idea what the problem is I'm afraid.

I'm presuming the tv isn't under warranty anymore, is it?

You could get a repair man out to look, but they're not cheap, and if parts are needed, it probably won't be finacially viable to get it fixed.

nigel white said:
Hi to u all

this my first time on here and iam looking for some help please.

My Panasonic TXP50GT30B has suddenly developed horizontal lines across half of the screen from top to bottom. The lines are fairly faint but there all the time when the background is dark, but when the background is light the lines go magenta, cyan and yellow.

Any ideas please?

Is your TV still under warranty? Did you go for the 5-year warranty?

paulopacic

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nigel,

I had the same problem on a Samsung. Having googled it, I found lots of examples on Youtube and found one of the possible faults.

It seems that information is relayed to the screen via a series of ribbon connectors which service certain areas of the screen. Over time these can work themselves loose or even corrode., and consequently the corresponding section of the screen is affected.

To check these, the best way is to remove the frame (fairly easy) and with the power on, press on each of these connectors and see if that makes any difference. Obviously you should exercise caution, but it is worthwhile checking these to see if that is indeed the problem. It could be that the panel is just kaput . I had no joy with mine but I'm determined to give it another go!

So check out Youtube, there are plenty of videos showing how this can be fixed (if it is indeed these connectors) but it is worth a look. And BE CAREFUL!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts