Horizontal ads in threads.

They're not everywhere - if you scroll through this do you see anything? I count four.

I'm using Microsoft Edge, largely work-mandated.

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 188533

I do see them in that thread when I disable uBlock and Ghostery. I don't believe they're supposed to be there though. The Community managers should be able to tell us and fix it if I'm right.

Anyone know where these have come from? I don't mind the site having advertising, but I find it deeply irritating when parts of a web page keep moving around after they've loaded because the ad content is playing catch-up.
Just noticed them a couple of days ago. No idea how Google Ads get on to a site accessed by Amazon Silk search engine and cannot seem to get rid of them either.

Last edited:
They're not everywhere - if you scroll through this do you see anything? I count four.

I'm using Microsoft Edge, largely work-mandated.
I see the same on my Kindle Fire HD

D

Deleted member 108165

Me too, only started appearing recently, I'm using Chrome.

D

Deleted member 188533

Hey guys just a quick update, this was accidental and should be resolved by tomorrow. Let us know if you're still seeing them after that. Thanks for pointing it out!

Reactions: 12th Monkey

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
Anyone know where these have come from? I don't mind the site having advertising, but I find it deeply irritating when parts of a web page keep moving around after they've loaded because the ad content is playing catch-up.

Hey there!

Sorry about these. There is some testing going on for various things and it looks like these ads got turned on for everyone. This was not intentional and we're working to get it fixed. Should be fixed by tomorrow, but please bear with us for the time being.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts