Home theatre in a box connection question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

This seems to be a common thread on this site but unfortunately I cannot seem to find one definite answer so hopefully some bright spark can solve my query once and for all.

I have a Samsung 55" LED tv, sky HD+ box, PS3 and a 2012 sony home theatre in a box system. My question is simple..... Do I plug the PS3 and sky HD+ into the sony home theatre via hdmi (and optical from sky to sony), then connect sony home theatre to samsung tv via hdmi?

or do I connect everything via hdmi into the back of the tv so 3 hdmi's into tv (and optical from sky into sony)

Also, is it possible to just have the tv speakers on when watching sky and not home theatre surround sound?

Many thanks

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi dpascott, welcome to the forums :)

dpascott said:
Do I plug the PS3 and sky HD+ into the sony home theatre via hdmi (and optical from sky to sony), then connect sony home theatre to samsung tv via hdmi?

Thats how I would look to do it, much the same as would be recommended if you had a dedicated HT amp and speakers rather than a 1 box solution.

dpascott said:
Also, is it possible to just have the tv speakers on when watching sky and not home theatre surround sound?

The TV speakers should stay active unless you specifically turn them off in the settings (My new LG has this option so I would hope most newish tv's have it too) so it should simply be a case of setting the Sony to mute.

Hope this helps 8)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts