Home setup help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi AudioAsylum, I am new to the forum and would like some advice regarding a tube amp setup in my apartment.This is what I am thinking about for the setup...22 tu:tu tube ampVacuum tube: 6SN7GT×2pcsMaximum output: 12W+12W (when 6~8ohm speakers are used)Frequency response: 15~30000HzDimensions: W265×H103×D151mm (including projections)A project audio RPM 5.1 turntable and two B&W CM1 or CM5 speakers.I just wanted to ask about the watt output from the tube amp compared to the specifications for the speakers.The speakers ask for a recommended amplifier power of 30W - 100W into 8ohm on unclipped programme.So I have two questions...Does this mean that the 22 tube amp is not powerful enough for the speakers?Would this setup be suitable for a small 70m2 apartment?Hi WhatHifi,I am new to the forum and would like some advice regarding a tube amp setup in my apartment.This is what I am thinking about for the setup...1 x 22 tu:tu tube ampVacuum tube: 6SN7GT×2pcsMaximum output: 12W+12W (when 6~8ohm speakers are used)Frequency response: 15~30000HzDimensions: W265×H103×D151mm (including projections)1 x project audio RPM 5.1 turntable and 2x B&W CM1 or CM5 speakers.I just wanted to ask about the watt output from the tube amp compared to the specifications for the speakers.The speakers ask for a recommended amplifier power of 30W - 100W into 8ohm on unclipped programme.So I have two questions...Does this mean that the 22 tube amp is not powerful enough for the speakers?Would this setup be suitable for a small 70m2 apartment?
Hi WhatHiFi, I am new to the forum and would like some advice regarding a tube amp setup in my apartment.This is what I am thinking about for the setup...

22 tu:tu tube amp

Vacuum tube: 6SN7GT×2pcs

Maximum output: 12W+12W (when 6~8ohm speakers are used)

Frequency response: 15~30000HzDimensions: W265×H103×D151mm (including projections)

project audio RPM 5.1 turntable

2 x B&W CM1 or CM5 speakers

cbs_ph5.jpg

58_1_large.jpg

rpm51.jpg

I just wanted to ask about the watt output from the tube amp compared to the specifications for the speakers.The speakers ask for a recommended amplifier power of 30W - 100W into 8ohm on unclipped programme.So I have two questions...Does this mean that the 22 tube amp is not powerful enough for the speakers?Would this setup be suitable for a small 70m2 apartment?Hi WhatHifi,

I am new to the forum and would like some advice regarding a tube amp setup in my apartment.This is what I am thinking about for the setup...1 x 22 tu:tu tube ampVacuum tube: 6SN7GT×2pcsMaximum output: 12W+12W (when 6~8ohm speakers are used)Frequency response: 15~30000HzDimensions: W265×H103×D151mm (including projections)
1 x project audio RPM 5.1 turntable and 2x B&W CM1 or CM5 speakers.

I just wanted to ask about the watt output from the tube amp compared to the specifications for the speakers.The speakers ask for a recommended amplifier power of 30W - 100W into 8ohm on unclipped programme.So I have two questions...Does this mean that the 22 tube amp is not powerful enough for the speakers?Would this setup be suitable for a small 70m2 apartment?

Thanks!

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
If you google "db amp speaker calculator" and click on the myhometheater link which should be top of your search results you can put in your speaker efficiency (84dbs for the CM1's) amp power (12 watts) listening distance etc to give you how many dbs you'll be getting on a continuous signal before your amp starts clipping. Any competent amp will handle transient peaks a few dbs above their continuous rating.

If you're not sure if approx 94 dbs is loud enough for you, you could always buy or borrow a sound pressure meter to find out what sort of levels you like listening at.

The next question is: will it all work together properly? As I'm not sure that the 22 tu has a phono stage (with the necessary amount of gain and RIAA equalisation) to play vinyl properly. IE you may need to buy a seperate phono amplifier to put between your turntable and the 22 tu.

The next question would be: what about the sound quality that you'll get from this combination? This amp might work well with these speakers or it might not. Difficult to say if the amp has a high enough damping factor to avoid getting an excessively woolly bass or not.

And another question you may want to ask yourself is "Can I get better sound quality for less money?"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts