Home office streaming set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filipe

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
So, home office is here to stay. So time to move from the living room to a dedicated room. One of the best things for me regarding working from home is that I get to listen to music all day!

At the living room I'm using a Rotel RA-02 and AEGIS 3 speaker, together with a Chromecast Audio (yes, I know... all a bit outdated). The home office will be a much smaller (around 2,7m x 3,5m) and for me streaming is enough, but I would like the sound to be pleasant and evolving.

I've been thinking about buying an amplifier and a pair of speakers (something like the Cambridge Audio AXA25 and a pair of Dali Spektor 2 or Q acoustics 3010i ou 3020i) - however it looks like it may be "too much" for the room size (with the strong disadvantage of the floor stands for the speakers).

Then I wondered about audioengine (N22 and P4) that look much more compact, although not sure about quality (and isn't much cheaper than the previous configuration).

Now I'm even considering wireless active speakers (needs to be stereo and have Chromecast), like a pair of Ikea/Sonos or audioengine A2+.

Yes, I'm getting a bit confused... don't want to overspend or buy something "oversized"... which way would you recommend?

I mostly listen to jazz, electronic, funk, ethnic, D&B, DJs, remixes...

Thanks!

AJM1981

The Arylic s50 is fine.

The Yamaha Wxc50 might be also an option. Would maybe recommend it over the arylic since it can be switched on and off via wifi. The arylic can be only switched off by using the remote.

I own both the comparible Arylic a50 and the wxa50.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

sahanaj

Dec 19, 2022
Visit site
I own the audioengine A2+ and I like that they don’t take a lot of space. The sound is fine, it’s not the best, more like computer speakers sound. The sound is pretty clear, although the bass starts sounding weird at higher volumes. However, if you want to listen to music during work hours, I’m sure you don’t need the music to be too loud.

I own the audioengine A2+ and I like that they don’t take a lot of space. The sound is fine, it’s not the best, more like computer speakers sound. The sound is pretty clear, although the bass starts sounding weird at higher volumes. However, if you want to listen to music during work hours, I’m sure you don’t need the music to be too loud.
Please don't drag up old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts