Home Cinema System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 42" SAmsung LCD TV in a room about 14x14. The panasonic surrouns syem I have wint play CDS and whilst the speakers are working I am considering replacing the set with a suitable home cinema set. I have a budget of up to £300. Could you let me know what you would recomemnd? I was looking at the Sony previously.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sony do some great systems at that price - unfortunately I can't remember the model number of the one I heard a few weeks back, but it was about £270 in Comet! Excellent sound for the price. I'd also check out the Panasonic SC-PT860 - plenty of functionality and a good if not great sound for the price.

I've also just spotted this Samsung HT-BD1220 - I've no idea what it's like, it's only 2.1, but could be worth an audition at your local Richer Sounds if Blu-Ray interests you.

A

Anonymous

Hi...Thanks for the recommendations. I have just inherited some money and am thinking of iupping my budget/quality. What would you recommend for 500 and 1000. Also could you let me know your thoughts on BOSE too please?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm guessing you're still after an all-in-one unit, or would you consider a separates system - at that budget, you're in decent separates territory? Also are you looking for Blu-Ray or still just a DVD system at the moment?

I've not really any experience with Bose systems I'm afraid so I'll leave others who have to comment.

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for the reply - I can consider seperates although the shelf space is limited. I have looked at blu ray and would also like to know the diofferential in terms of price and them quality - I do have a HD TV - but not yet seen a blue ray DVD in action...

TRENDING THREADS