Home Cinema Setup Issue.....

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
I've recently had the following system setup for me, however I can only get sound from my SKY HD box and not picture. Can anyone tell me what the potential issue could be (I've checked that the HDMI cables are in place and connected correctly) ?

System:

Pioneer KRP-500a

Pioneer SC-LX81

Pioneer BDP-LX71

B&W MT-30 with PV1 Sub

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Might help if you told us HOW the Sky box was connected to your gear.

Be interested to know what it all sounds like though, that's the setup I'm thinking about as well.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
You will need an optical or digi-coax cable for DD5.1 and change the sound settings to "DOLBY D" in the sky+HD sound settings menu. Have you assigned the audio input on the amp to the same as the HDMI so that the picture and audio match?

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried connecting the sky box directly to the tv? If that works, then there is probably a set up option on the amp to tell it to output HDMI.

Does the amp setup menu appear on the TV?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:Which is all well and good but doesn't explain why he's not getting a PICTURE.

And what exactly is the point in your post? At least I'm trying to help! Jeez, some people.....
emotion-16.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, so am I trying to help, but the OP is complaining he isn't getting a picture, so what use is telling him to use an optical cable for DD5.1?

It's all irrelevant until he tells us how everything is connected anyway, so there's no point us arguing about it, shake?
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts