Home Cinema Seperates Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought the th-42pz81b bbc hd is great,Now want sony str-dg820 and sony bdp-s350.

But the blue ray player does not decode DTS-HD master Audio.

Would it still pass info in signal for the receiver to decode DTS-HD master Audio.?

and if it outputs audio as LPCM why is it any better than the ps3, can the bdp-S350

just send coded signal to the receiver to decode.

The th-42pz81b upscales the picture already so do I need a player that upscales Video.?

Sorry seems to be some duplication of processes just want to get the right system.

Also need advise on getting right speakers for 7.1 hopefully on a budget of 500 pounds.

Do I use HDMI cables only for connection or optical digital as well.

Please answer any part all input welcome.

A

Anonymous

I have tried to answer as many as I can.

Would it still pass info in signal for the receiver to decode DTS-HD master Audio.?

Yes, via HDMI.

and if it outputs audio as LPCM why is it any better than the ps3, can the bdp-S350

just send coded signal to the receiver to decode.

Yes, signal sent to the receiver via HDMI for decoding.

The th-42pz81b upscales the picture already so do I need a player that upscales Video.?

Bluray player probably better than TV's attempt to upscale. I have the Panasonic TH42PZ70 and my Toshiba HD-DVD EP30 is definately a better upscaler than the TV. The difference is noticeable between the TV's upscaling and the HD-DVD when watching a normal DVD for example.

Sorry seems to be some duplication of processes just want to get the right system.

Also need advise on getting right speakers for 7.1 hopefully on a budget of 500 pounds.

Do I use HDMI cables only for connection or optical digital as well.

HDMI between sony str-dg820 and sony bdp-s350. Optical is required for Sky or Freeview depending on your box. Have you experienced the problems with HD and the str-dg820 (not sure if you are a Sky customer)?

I am currently looking at the str-dg820. What are your findings so far with it? I would be interested to hear your opinion. Not sure about the speakers yet unfortunately.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts