Home Cinema Product of the Decade

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Not sure what I think would be the product of the decade, but I agree with the comments about HDMI.

Of course, some of these (about different versions of the spec) could also apply to Blu-ray!
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

gel:Even the pioneer plasma looking back.

Which is why you bought the Philips, I guess...

I brought the philips because it was the best 32 inch tv going easily and that was the size and price I wanted to pay as recommended by your magazine what hi fi.

It's got to be the PS3. It's single handedly responsible for popularizing the blu-ray format in its early days........& thereby helping blu-ray win over HD DVD. On of the main reasons for HD DVD's demise, was Microsoft's refusal to include it in XBOX by default.

It's a blu-ray player, a games console, an internet browser & a wireless media streamer in one small package at one very attractive price. There's no other product like it in the market even today!

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

gel:Even the pioneer plasma looking back.

Which is why you bought the Philips, I guess...

I can visually remember walking into my local home cinema shop about 10 years ago, and seeing the pioneer 43 inch and 50 inch (I think it was those two versions) and thinking wooooowww.

Also thinking they are very expensive but very, very cool.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts