Home Cinema in a Box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Yes, I know It would be cheaper and better to get seperates, but for various reasons I do need to go down the minimalist route for my home cinema kit.

What I would realy like is an Arcam Solo Movie, but I just can't afford that much money. Casting around the web I have come accross the Harmon Kardon HS 300, which seems to cover most of the bases (except DAB) but I can hardly find any reviews or mention of it in group tests. I'm a little worried by the fact that it never seems to get mentioned (even to say it's terrible) Does anyone know, firstly, how well it performs and secondly, if there is a reason no one ever seems to consider it?

Also bearing in mind the similarities between the Arcam and the Harmon Kardon, is there anything else I could consider ? (I'm pretty sure the uneven L shape of the room will prevent "virtual" 2 speaker set ups from working at all well)

Many thanks, David.

A

Anonymous

Sony DAV-IS10 ? Its very small and does most things except DAB. Under £480 if you shop around on-line. HK used to be quite big on the hifi front but haven't heard much about them lately.

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

Looks interesting.

Have also found the KEF KIT200, more expensive (still much less than the Arcam) and lacking HDMI, but I'm wondering if it would handle CD stereo music better, I note that there have been some concerns expressed about the Sony's mid-range performance.

Any comments?

Thanks,

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts