Home cinema help/advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am looking to setup my first home cinema in the next coming months, I am moving into a new place and I want to setup a complete system. I have an idea in my head of what I want but as I haven’t done this before perhaps you can give me some advice/help.

My budget is going to be around £3-4k for everything and the room size is around 35sqm.

For speakers I have been looking at Teufel System 5 THX select speakers has anyone experienced these or recommend something else for under 1k?

I have been mainly looking at Denon for a receiver and the 2310 seems to get great reviews.

I also want to setup a small media computer for storing all my music, movies, pics etc. the Asrock ION 330ht-bd seems good and it would be running something like the XBMC software interface. Again if anyone can recommend me a better media centre solution I would be grateful.

I will also have a SKY HD box and I am looking to spend around 1k on a 42” TV but I will leave looking at TV’s until last minute and see what is available.

Now I have questions can anyone see problems with connecting this all together? Would I be able to run the sky box through my computer as well? Lastly can any remotes control the computer as well as everything else?

Thanks in advance

Andy

A

Anonymous

Tried to help but your post with all the fuuny stuff has given me a headache.

A

Anonymous

hmm yea sorry about that i copied from word the forum didn't like that at all

A

Anonymous

If you are looking at a THX system, I would go for one of the onkyo THX receivers, probably the NR807/1007 these will give you the best match when using THX modes.

The Teufel system 5 THX speakers have had good reviews online & are certainly a bargain at the price they're selling at. The other speaker packages you can consider around your price point are the KEF 3005 SE & Monitor Audio R90HD 10, although the latter is over your budget.

I would agree with markjaspi in going for a THX certified receiver like the Onkyo to get maximum benefit of THX if you're going for THX speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts