Hisense 55 U7QFT uk

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
yes a new top of the line Chinese Hisense. yes it looks good ! then i read poor motion poor sound. ! ah yeh . Okay for the money probably very good but what about the downside of the TV.
! Its is Chinese have we had enough of there TVs by now ?
2. how long would this TV last 2/3 years if lucky.
3 is good value for money compared with a £2k TV which more than likely not last any longer !
4 would it be better to pay £300 for a 50 and save the money towards the next Chinese made bit of rubbish lasting 2/3 years maybe put the money towards a set of tyres for your car.
5. Then we come to my favourite question how does it compare with a 10 year old Panasonic / Pioneer 50 inch PLASMA well not too good by the sounds of it. PLASMA screen is better at motion cleaner picture nice sounds in particular the Pioneer. Yes a expensive £2k with full 4k or 8k are better. ! without doubt. Then i paid £150 for 2 PLASMA TV i thought these new TVs was suppose to be better ? they seem to me have gone backwards. Love to get my hands on a 8th Gen PLASMA 2013 model the very last year they was sold in numbers. PIONEER are the best ! then comes PANASONIC. Personally love to see a British made PLASMA TV back on the shelves instead of some Chinese made rubbish. If i was forced to buy a modern TV i would go for the LG range as they have built in Sat tuners. Oh yes PANASONIC has built in Sat tuner and 2 USB slots and 4 HDMI and even a SCART too

D

Deleted member 2457

yes a new top of the line Chinese Hisense. yes it looks good ! then i read poor motion poor sound. ! ah yeh . Okay for the money probably very good but what about the downside of the TV.
! Its is Chinese have we had enough of there TVs by now ?
2. how long would this TV last 2/3 years if lucky.
3 is good value for money compared with a £2k TV which more than likely not last any longer !
4 would it be better to pay £300 for a 50 and save the money towards the next Chinese made bit of rubbish lasting 2/3 years maybe put the money towards a set of tyres for your car.
5. Then we come to my favourite question how does it compare with a 10 year old Panasonic / Pioneer 50 inch PLASMA well not too good by the sounds of it. PLASMA screen is better at motion cleaner picture nice sounds in particular the Pioneer. Yes a expensive £2k with full 4k or 8k are better. ! without doubt. Then i paid £150 for 2 PLASMA TV i thought these new TVs was suppose to be better ? they seem to me have gone backwards. Love to get my hands on a 8th Gen PLASMA 2013 model the very last year they was sold in numbers. PIONEER are the best ! then comes PANASONIC. Personally love to see a British made PLASMA TV back on the shelves instead of some Chinese made rubbish. If i was forced to buy a modern TV i would go for the LG range as they have built in Sat tuners. Oh yes PANASONIC has built in Sat tuner and 2 USB slots and 4 HDMI and even a SCART too
I found the Philips LED TVs to be just as good as a Pioneer plasma or close. Good deals on them Going around I will see if I can link one for you.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just looked on Costco website but no Philips LED TVs it’s always best to get a 5 year warranty and Costco are good like that they also have 90 day returns collected from your house too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Some reason they seem all out of stock everywhere. This TV is the one I was thinking though:

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
You pays your money you take your choice but please avoid Chinese made products remember its because of China that we have 8.4 million laid off here in the Uk and what happened to our Electronics and electrical industry ??? Those 5 year warranties are great ,but have to remember you got to arrange the TV to be sent back to the manufacturer , not the shop (that in most cases in 12 months ) Not a simple of cheap thing to do please keep your TV box it came with too ! Who keeps them longer than 12 months ??? another problem i found with buying a product and then contacting the shop you bought it from ( in this case John lewis) the guy bought £2500 75 inch TV . It went wrong within a month , so all he had to do was to phone them , for collection ! They gave him another TV of the same cost , everything great but the guy who delivered it , refused to collect it ! he said we only deliver mate ! After telling John Lewis they did nothing about it ! after months , he then had to dump the TV himself. I gather the problem was the middle screen on the 3 screen 4K OLED did not work ¬! he was happy they replace it so quickly ( many would not be so good ie AO .com ) So at least he got a new TV within days ! So i applaud John Lewis . ( i am a share holder ) But it would not been great if the guy got stuck with the TV in his Garage would it

Monoblock

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
Until a month back I'd not really paid much heed to Hisense.
I finished a summerhouse project and was in the market for a small TV, I found a couple of cheap Samsungs and LG's at Curry's and went to order one.
3 days of website issues (and contacting them) I gave in.
Richer sounds did not have the budget stuff I wanted - this will be in a damp room come winter as its unheated, I went to Argos.
Long story short I opted for a Hisense 4k with Roku, in 55" as it was just over £300

All I have to say is WOW

I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma TV in my lounge, 10 years old but £2000 when new.

The case is cheap and the speakers are not up to much so a boggo soundbar is a good idea but the picture on it is brilliant, there is a little motion blur at high speed but to give you an idea, the GF and I have abandoned the house some nights with its pioneer AV Dali speaker system and the Panasonic, to go watch the Expanse in the summer house do to the picture on this thing.

I have no doubt that if I went and spent £2k again the qualify would go up and the motion blur would reduce but to be honest, its made me reassess the idea of buying too high up and maybe switch to a more replaceable price point as tech moves forward no the gulf between cheap and expensive includes a much smaller quality increase.

I'm off to a new place soon and will get a 65 or 72 for the lounge and i'd planned on spending big and getting a future proofed £8k, now it seems maybe my money is better spent by buying a 65 for around a grand (a fifth of the price of the 8k's) and then, a couple of years down the line, buying a new TV again.

I used to find all the faults in cheap product but I'm very impressed with this Hisense and the built in Roku is brilliant, by far the best bit of software I've seen built in to a TV, even Roku TV has some half decent stuff to watch for free, the remote having quick access buttons for things like Netflix is quite handy to.

As for Chinese Labour and UK layoffs, not many buy Cello and as far as I know, they are the only UK TV manufacturer.

The best way to help the UK it to Bank with those who have their H.O. here, we are a banking and services country.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts