Hinges for the turntable lid for my Pioneer PLX 1000

Tareq2163

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Need help, anyone, please !!!

The Pioneer PLX 1000 sounds great to me. But surprisingly the lid does not have hinges in it. This is a huge pain to manually lift it, put it aside, play and return it in the same manual manner. Can't take it anymore. Does anyone know of any trick that I can use to create hinges for the 'table and get rid of this pain. I surprised that pioneer did not make this disclosure.

Please help

Tareq2163 said:

The Pioneer PLX 1000 sounds great to me. But surprisingly the lid does not have hinges in it. This is a huge pain to manually lift it, put it aside, play and return it in the same manual manner. Can't take it anymore. Does anyone know of any trick that I can use to create hinges for the 'table and get rid of this pain. I surprised that pioneer did not make this disclosure.

Please help

It is possible to fit 'slot in' type hinges to the valid like the old Rega Planar 3 had.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
a hinged lid is something that puts me off most modern turntable. There seem to be lots of companies that will make bespoke TT covers, but I've not yet found one that makes bespoke hinged lids.

ifor said:
a hinged lid is something that puts me off most modern turntable. There seem to be lots of companies that will make bespoke TT covers, but I've not yet found one that makes bespoke hinged lids.

You are quite correct. The possibility of using a slip-over lid is possibly the best way to go. Hinges would be a do-it-yourself idea.

D

Deleted member 108165

Tareq2163 said:

Please help

If you try to fit hinges you're just gonna make a pigs ear of it. It's a DJ inspired deck so what did you expect? Either find some way of living with it or move on to a deck that has hinged lid. Pioneer didn't disclose it because you should have been able to see that the lid wasn't hinged from the brochure photo's. It's not supposed to be a "hi-fi" deck; even though it does sound rather good to me too.

Tareq2163

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have found a video on uyoutube that shows how to modify the hinges of Technics Sl-1200 series. It was possible on that case as the lid already had some groves and there was already room for hinges in the model. I am not sure about the case for Pioneer PLX 1000. Below is the link. I was wondering if anyone could help me in the same manner.

Link= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9el_BwWHGOs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts