I took the plunge on a BK Electric XXLS400 DF

R.Muller

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I pulled the trigger today and ordered the DF version. Does anybody have any pointers on how to set it up with the low/high inputs / phase etc into my Pioneer VSX-LX70 please?

Pretty new to all this stuff so any help is much appeciated. I am guessing you get an instruction manual with the amp anyway but thought I'd ask the very knowledgeable people on this forum :- )

D

Deleted member 116933

Firstly congrats, never owned BK but had a few older RELs and where made by BK at the time. So should be good. I would probably say you might be better off posting in the Home cinma section about this instead of the hi fi section. But niether here nore there. The best way to set it up is the messure its in room response but most neither have the inclination or the time. But there are some techniquics that will get you 80-90% percent of the way there.

You'll look a bit mad but place the subwoofer in the mian listening spot with its gain around half and crawl around the room listening for peaks in the bass/where it sounds loudest (best to do this with some bassy music with the other speakers disconected). Where it sounds loudest/fullest place the subwoofer there, turn the down gain on the subwoofer to around a quarter and let the amp run its speaker setup rutine. I find symetry to be the best with pioneer. Start with a crossover 80hz on the amp and see. I personally used to use mine 100hz as i feel it intergraded better but thats just me. Try and get the subs trim on the amp between -+3db or I the find the is doing to much to compensate. Probable just me and utter twoddle but i like to think native volume is better than corrected volume.

Like i say without messuring your really not going to do much better.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I dont know what amplfication is in your pioneer but the older Ice based Pioneer amplifier LX83 for example often went into shut down if you wired high level into them from a subwoofer.

High level is speaker wire to a neutrik connector. - this connection on the sub is intended for wiring the sub up to a hifi stereo system

Best to wire from the amp via its LFE line level output - which is a coax, rca phono connection - on the back of the amp it will say sub and wont be speaker wires.

I had an XLS400 DF for a few years and really enjoyed it - all the best

R.Muller

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the advice. I’m looking forward to it!

are there good soundtracks to listen to test it out that would be recommended?

Tom at BK was very helpful. I thought the customer service was excellent

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
R.Muller said:
Thank you for the advice. I’m looking forward to it!

are there good soundtracks to listen to test it out that would be recommended?

Tom at BK was very helpful. I thought the customer service was excellent

Try ‘Hey Now’ by London Grammar. That should get your fillings rattling.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts