high quality headset recommenations

svimes

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had the hyper x cloud Orbit S and very happy with sound quality and mic. Used for gaming, music and a lot of zoom calls. However, as a i found out the headphones suffer from a a stress point which means after 12 months or so they will break. Amazon gave me a free replacement and that lasted 2 years.

Just bought Audio-Technica M50xSTS, great sound, mic not good but I feel that i can hear a sttic noise sound when i have them on. I don't get this with my old headphones. So any recommendation on good quality sound headphones with mic _that lasts_?

Jasonovich

If you need a good gaming headset with built in mic, any of the brands from Steelseries, HyperX (good quality ones! :) ), Turtle Beach or Razer are worth considering.

Personally, I would rather have a genuine HiFi headset and a separate microphone.

I think it's fair to say, I'm a bit of a headphone freak! I don't game much but I do understand the value of a quality headset. In the past I had those foamy pads that flake inside your ear hole and mics that crackle and distort.

Just to give you some context, when I work from home, I use semi professional pod cast mic from Tenor - get USB version so you can plug it into your laptop or PC desktop. An XLR connector mic would require a separate microphone amp.

Many of my colleagues use those cheap ear plugs with mic, when they're not engaging in conversation they have to keep it mute, to avoid feedback. With my proper headset and microphone, the volume stays on, no crackle, no distortion.

I can suggest the following; should you decide on headset without the mic.

The FiiO FT1 is budget king, the sound quality is excellent, real wood and comes with two cables 4.4 balanced plug and one with standard 3.5. I use this primarily for commuting. They're priced around £130 but you may find cheaper if you look around.

Podcasts mics there are many and good to look around. I can suggest the one I'm using. The quality is great and it will cost you approx. £90.

1728648175369.png
1728648240560.png

1728648308327.png

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts