high end turntables - worth it ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 188516

just asking questions on hifi kit on a hifi forum nothing more...

thanks jonathanRD for the thumbs up.
some bullying from the "moderator" if i'm allowed to say...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 116933

so if i have a different opinion i'm not allowed to state it or i must conform to what others say ?

Think what he’s saying it can create some heated discussions with no end in sight.

D

Deleted member 188516

Think what he’s saying it can create some heated discussions with no end in sight.

maybe so but i can not control how other people behave on a forum. if others take "offence" (really on a hifi forum..) thats up to them. i have not called people "idiots", for example, for having a different view to mine.

its a hifi forum, hence surely, a place to discuss all things "hifi" including the likes of cables, equipment supports etc

i have noted your tangle with trevc which, as far as i could see, was just two differing opinions being expressed - with a touch of humour thrown in !

TrevC

so basically, despite there being many ways to "tweak" a turntable, vinyl play back does have a performance ceiling and therefore the mega costing (and impressive looking) turntables are more works of art than genuine advancements in sound quality.
It hurts to say it but I would agree with that. :O)

D

Deleted member 116933

maybe so but i can not control how other people behave on a forum. if others take "offence" (really on a hifi forum..) thats up to them. i have not called people "idiots", for example, for having a different view to mine.

its a hifi forum, hence surely, a place to discuss all things "hifi" including the likes of cables, equipment supports etc

i have noted your tangle with trevc which, as far as i could see, was just two differing opinions being expressed - with a touch of humour thrown in !

Bud as far as I read it there was no humour at all. But hey others read Into things differently Personally I can’t tell if he’s taking the pee or not. But that’s me and him.

I wasn’t having a dig sorry if it came over that way. Personally I like the threads, if I have someThing to contribute then I will.

As you correctly point out you can’t control how people react or read the posts. Which is why sarcasm on forums should be left at the door. Especially if people are trying to get an answer to a question, it confuses and makes new comers feel a little uneasy. And I have apologised to the op on that thread.

I guess it’s just a shame that a lot of threads you have started quickly descend into bickering and I think that’s the problem there referring to, again something maybe the mods need to control a fair bit more maybe?

I’ve also noticed that the mods seem to join in a little with the bickering when it suits and in some cases is a little on the nose. But they’re the gate keepers I guess. I generally try not to get involved and just answer the question. In the case if Trev its case of heads clashing and him not agreeing its not always as clear cut as he makes out. And the same for me.

D

Deleted member 188516

Bud as far as I read it there was no humour at all. But hey others read Into things differently Personally I can’t tell if he’s taking the pee or not. But that’s me and him.

I wasn’t having a dig sorry if it came over that way. Personally I like the threads, if I have someThing to contribute then I will.

As you correctly point out you can’t control how people react or read the posts. Which is why sarcasm on forums should be left at the door. Especially if people are trying to get an answer to a question, it confuses and makes new comers feel a little uneasy. And I have apologised to the op on that thread.

I guess it’s just a shame that a lot of threads you have started quickly descend into bickering and I think that’s the problem there referring to, again something maybe the mods need to control a fair bit more maybe?

I’ve also noticed that the mods seem to join in a little with the bickering when it suits and in some cases is a little on the nose. But they’re the gate keepers I guess. I generally try not to get involved and just answer the question. In the case if Trev its case of heads clashing and him not agreeing its not always as clear cut as he makes out. And the same for me.
[/QUOTE

i understand you were not criticising me certainly no problems there !
(the humour i mentioned was the knickers /pants references that our american friend didn't seem to "get" !)

as for the mods your spot on. i have pointed this out (in private to them) but i seem to get "warned" in public.

D

Deleted member 116933

for some reason my reply has been "hidden".
if you click on "click to expand" on my blank looking reply, my reply should be there !

(if not i'll retype it)

Ha I see it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts