HIFI

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
In-joke for…
@Will
🙂
Still doesn't answer my question?
And I recall this comment "It looks the part, but the SU-C700 is easily outclassed at this price. This is not the Technics comeback we had hoped for":

Reactions: Al ears

b4u2

Dec 5, 2021
Visit site
Nothing negative here, it is simply logic. Please refine the question to something that is answerable because, as it stands, it is far too general and a global comment that Philips is more 'hifi ' than Panasonic would be meaningless nonsense.
Was basically asking what's a better brand overall?

The two main issues, firstly, 10 people will prefer Pannies & another 10 will wave the Philip's flag. As I mentioned earlier it's so subjective. Secondly, all brands will excel in different components: example is Rega generally excel in amps & turntables, not so much in speakers.

To that end, there's no negativity, just the OP's question is too open.

b4u2

Dec 5, 2021
Visit site
The two main issues, firstly, 10 people will prefer Pannies & another 10 will wave the Philip's flag. As I mentioned earlier it's so subjective. Secondly, all brands will excel in different components: example is Rega generally excel in amps & turntables, not so much in speakers.

To that end, there's no negativity, just the OP's question is too open.
You have a very good point

D

Deleted member 108165

What is a better quality and sound between Panasonic vs Philips for hifi ?
Neither. If you want to understand quality then get yourself to a Hi-FI dealer and listen to some proper stereo systems. The dealer will not have any Panasonic or Philips systems for you to listen to as they don't make proper systems under either of these brand names.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
@b4u2 I need now to go off-line for some hours, but to begin letting you into the-joke, quoted from its 2014 revival:
"Panasonic wants to make a go of appealing once more to the serious music listener, saying it’s identified a trend not only to higher-resolution listening, but back away from family music to systems bought and used by single listeners for private enjoyment.

There’ll be those who’ll quibble with that analysis, but Technics is clearly focusing its efforts on what it sees as a viable enthusiast market – and that can’t be anything but good news for a [Hi-Fi] market said by many to be in decline, and in need of a powerful shot in the arm."

Gray

I thought maybe my kind of hifi is outdated and no longer in fashion so people don't buy and use anymore.
You're right to say it's outdated, but people still buy and use it.
Currently:
Panasonic make great DECT cordless phones.
Philips is about the best manufacturer of lightbulbs.
But as Doug said above, you won't find either brand in a high quality audio dealership.

If you haven't already done it, take a few of your favourite CDs to Hi-fi dealer and ask to hear them on something really decent. Have a good long listen.
Then go home and listen to your system - if you still think it's great, you're very lucky.

b4u2

Dec 5, 2021
Visit site
@Gray
I am delighted with it now so why go to a shop and then come back unhappy knowing that it's not the best or there are some much better ones out there, honestly what for? If for fun then maybe but not to consider changing and spending money!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts