hifi repairs

wayne boyd

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi to everyone, abit about me is i have been into electronics for 21 years and this has been one of my main jobs in component repair, ive just posted a comment on cambridge audio transformers.

I love audio and retro 70s hifi, love fixing these and i would be glad to help.

wayne boyd

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Thank you.

I have kept a photos or my work from start to finish and on switch mode psu's that for some reason are more common in amps today.

Most of my work is also lcd repairs with inverters issues and psu faults, im in the proccess of bulding a website www.somethingincredibleiswaitingtobeknown.org.uk which i would be placing all my work on.

The website needs to be put directly in the address bar as i havent added it to any seacrh engines yet or there banners to put my website out there, im trying to keep it free from ads at this moment.

Thanks for your reply.

Gray

That was my job too but mainly before surface mount really took off and I've so far mostly avoided that.

Board changing has been an option for me in the past - but not for some of the stuff of today where the board is the product.

Would you, by any chance, be into every type of repair including any surface mount work or would you rather avoid that?

jhatwork

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi Wayne. I see you posted how you would go about replacing the mains transformer in this type of amp. My amp has been returned by Richer Sounds as the quote is too costly to repair. So can you repair or are you interested in buying it for a small amount? Its junk otherwise, and I'm loathe to throw something away that can be salvaged. Let me know. John

D

Deleted member 2457

wayne boyd said:
Hi to everyone, abit about me is i have been into electronics for 21 years and this has been one of my main jobs in component repair, ive just posted a comment on cambridge audio transformers.

I love audio and retro 70s hifi, love fixing these and i would be glad to help.
Do you fix Pure radios?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts