hifi fuse

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gasolin said:
Those of you who don't think they make a difference, have you tried one (or 2 or 3)? (i havn't tried one, that's why i ask)

If not, isn't it like saying i don't like this food even when you havn't tried it?

Explain to me how you think it CAN make a difference?

The people who make these products make money out of people trying them, convincing themselves that they DO make a difference, then after a while realising that they don't, but can't return them because it's past the 60 day cooling off period.

If you want an improved sound, change your amp or speakers, but DON'T waste your money on **** like this.

More sophisticated innards. Everything in the chain makes a difference. :p

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Please, please, please explain how fitting a different fuse can alter the sound of an amp. I'm all ears.

I'm still waiting.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Trev C - its all testicales to you - I have no problem with you having that view, you have a huge problem with anyone having an alternative view. I am fine with that as well

If someone does so safely I dont see any issue with trying fuses out and returning if they are no improvement. Same as everything.

For 20 euros its unlikely a bank breaker to do so - I have not tried the op's suggested fuses so cannot comment on them. The ones I have tried are very expensive when you consider you can buy 10 equivalent fuses for under a £1 delivered. However I do not regret buying them one bit otherwise I would have sold them on / sent them back.

I agree that sometimes money can be better spent else where on someones system or more importanty their room but at this price point its not having a few beers we are talking about

Nothing safe about encouraging people - most of whom have no electrical training or knowledge - to start removing covers and replacing internal fuses. Regarding the 'boutique' fuses themselves, have they been certified by the appropriate standards organisation?

In extremis, do we want to find the answer from a forensic fire investigator? Do we want to explain to the insurance company why we went against the manufacturer's instructions to replace non-faulty fuses with non-standard, non certified parts?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thats pure scare mongering and you know it - worst case scenario a fuse or circuit breaker trips elsewhere or your kit fails.

So far million of hifi fuses sold around the world - I have not read about any fires or problems but I have not looked

However I have seen and just had to skip and perfectly good...

8 million hoover, zanussi and whirlpool tumble dryers sold and 700 UK fires report. maybe they should have used upgraded fuses

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thats pure scare mongering and you know it - worst case scenario a fuse or circuit breaker trips elsewhere or your kit fails.

So far million of hifi fuses sold around the world - I have not read about any fires or problems but I have not looked

8 million hoover, zanussi and whirlpool tumble dryers sold and 700 UK fires report. maybe they should have used upgraded fuses

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

52554388.jpg

TrevC

gasolin said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gasolin said:
Those of you who don't think they make a difference, have you tried one (or 2 or 3)? (i havn't tried one, that's why i ask)

If not, isn't it like saying i don't like this food even when you havn't tried it?

The people who make these products make money out of people trying them, convincing themselves that they DO make a difference, then after a while realising that they don't, but can't return them because it's past the 60 day cooling off period.

If you want an improved sound, change your amp or speakers, but DON'T waste your money on **** like this.

I'm not saying it works, alot of people say it does.

In my last link http://singaporehifi.blogspot.dk/2014/01/aftermarket-fuses-synergistic-research.html you can get cheap hif fuse like the Schurter Gold Plated Ceramic Body Fuse http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLD-PLATED-FUSE-5X20mm-Audio-Grade-AUDIOPHILE-SCHURTER-/181646345332

If we read alot on hifi fuses and alot of people say it works, theres a cheap way to try it, buy the Schurter Gold Plated Ceramic Body Fuse from ebay, sometimes you have to try it to know if it makes a difference, like food, if you don't try it you don't know if you like it,you can't just say i don't like it,it doesn't work unlees you have tried it.

I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm saying it doesn't make a difference because it just isn't possible that it could. If you can find an explanation that sets out how it could work perhaps you could provide a link.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Look at the end of the day it's upto you ! But fuse wire is fuse wire your just buying a fancy outer but inside is normal fuse wire they can not change the grade of fuse wire or the fuse will not blow like it should do if there is a problem with the amp

gasolin

chebby said:
ellisdj said:
Trev C - its all testicales to you - I have no problem with you having that view, you have a huge problem with anyone having an alternative view. I am fine with that as well

If someone does so safely I dont see any issue with trying fuses out and returning if they are no improvement. Same as everything.

For 20 euros its unlikely a bank breaker to do so - I have not tried the op's suggested fuses so cannot comment on them. The ones I have tried are very expensive when you consider you can buy 10 equivalent fuses for under a £1 delivered. However I do not regret buying them one bit otherwise I would have sold them on / sent them back.

I agree that sometimes money can be better spent else where on someones system or more importanty their room but at this price point its not having a few beers we are talking about

Nothing safe about encouraging people - most of whom have no electrical training or knowledge - to start removing covers and replacing internal fuses. Regarding the 'boutique' fuses themselves, have they been certified by the appropriate standards organisation?

In extremis, do we want to find the answer from a forensic fire investigator? Do we want to explain to the insurance company why we went against the manufacturer's instructions to replace non-faulty fuses with non-standard, non certified parts?

Warranty, if you buy an upgraded part,fuse and it makes your amp explode because of the fuse,(even when it's the right size, value), shouldn't the manufactory of the fuse not pay for the damage, it's not like it's difficult to change a fuse and i beet it will work either way (directional). Furutech makes hifi fuses and they are a well know brand that make many hifi products that people love, i also beet that furutech can stand behinde there products and with confidense say we make good products of high quality that we are not afraid of recommending to those who need it,want it

HTB1evCuHVXXXXcmXFXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

gasolin

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gasolin said:

In my last link http://singaporehifi.blogspot.dk/2014/01/aftermarket-fuses-synergistic-research.html you can get cheap hif fuse like the Schurter Gold Plated Ceramic Body Fuse [/b]http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLD-PLATED-FUSE-5X20mm-Audio-Grade-AUDIOPHILE-SCHURTER-/181646345332[/b]

If we read alot on hifi fuses and alot of people say it works, theres a cheap way to try it, buy the Schurter Gold Plated Ceramic Body Fuse from ebay, sometimes you have to try it to know if it makes a difference, like food, if you don't try it you don't know if you like it, you can't just say i don't like it,it doesn't work unless you have tried it.[/b]

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Look at the end of the day it's upto you ! But fuse wire is fuse wire your just buying a fancy outer but inside is normal fuse wire they can not change the grade of fuse wire or the fuse will not blow like it should do if there is a problem with the amp

The HiFi Tuning fuses are ceramic fuses with pure silver internal wire; the end caps are first silver-plated and then gold-plated.

A standard fuse is mostly alloys with silver copper zinc tin? I am not incuating any difference in material - I am highlighting there is a difference in construction

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gasolin said:

What a lot of bxxxxxxs, as usual from you.

What else do you want? A years return guarantee?

Try before you judge.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

drummerman said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gasolin said:

Try before you judge.

And you'd buy these would you? And you can explain how they improve the sound quality of the amp, can you?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
gasolin said:
TrevC said:
gasolin said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gasolin said:

In my last link http://singaporehifi.blogspot.dk/2014/01/aftermarket-fuses-synergistic-research.html you can get cheap hif fuse like the Schurter Gold Plated Ceramic Body Fuse http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLD-PLATED-FUSE-5X20mm-Audio-Grade-AUDIOPHILE-SCHURTER-/181646345332

If we read alot on hifi fuses and alot of people say it works, theres a cheap way to try it, buy the Schurter Gold Plated Ceramic Body Fuse from ebay, sometimes you have to try it to know if it makes a difference, like food, if you don't try it you don't know if you like it,you can't just say i don't like it,it doesn't work unlees you have tried it.

I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm saying it doesn't make a difference because it just isn't possible that it could. If you can find an explanation that sets out how it could work perhaps you could provide a link.

Im not interested in finding an article that tells me how a hifi fuse makes an improvements on the sound (if it does make a difference).

Theres alot of people who notices a difference with hifi fuses to make me wonder, if i want better sound should i buy one (or 2-3 if theres more then one fuse in my amp), since one good hifi fuse can be bought for less then a mac donalds menu or a big beer costs, it's not that expensive to try it, then you get to know if it makes a difference,if you can hear a difference and not just think i might or might not make a difference, you also as you try more "tweaks" get to know what works and what doesn't

Trying is often more effective then reading about it and is the best way to know if some tweaks have a possitive effect on you hifisystem. Hifi fuses is something many say works, it's not like im gonna rub my cables in snake oil *crazy*

Whilst I am in the camp of ... if you can return if not satisfied then why not ... I also have some doubts that your system makes such a change, even if they work (no idea), cost effective considering the price of these things. (By the way I have seen silvered, ceramic 'hifi' fuses somewhere else at a fraction of the cost, probably the ones that already have been mentioned).

Then again, if you are willing to try, hell, why not. Let us know.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

drummerman said:

As pleasant as always, but atleast this time you're not spouting some xenophobic or sexist nonsense, it's just simple stupidity.

drummerman said:

Try before you judge.

As I explained, people convince themselves that they make a difference to justify the foolish expense, and when they realise how stupid they are, it's too late, so they sell them on at a much reduced price on ebay. Have a look on ebay for all the Russ Andrews ****.

A budget amp isn't going to sound like a world beater with a different fuse, is it? Surely it would make more sense to save the money and buy a better amp, or better speakers.

TrevC

gasolin said:
Furutech makes hifi fuses and they are a well know brand that make many hifi products that people love, i also beet that furutech can stand behinde there products and with confidense say we make good products of high quality that we are not afraid of recommending to those who need it,want it

Footech.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Please, please, please explain how fitting a different fuse can alter the sound of an amp. I'm all ears.

I'm still waiting.

And the wait continues.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
gasolin said:
Furutech makes hifi fuses and they are a well know brand that make many hifi products that people love, i also beet that furutech can stand behinde there products and with confidense say we make good products of high quality that we are not afraid of recommending to those who need it,want it

Footech.

Ah, back to his old self. Almost glad.

Reminds me of someone irish ...

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Last year I had frequent issues with electrical failures around the house since I live in a rural area. So I did a lot of research and consulted and hired electricians about solving things. In the process I learned a thing or two about fuses, digital multimeters and RCDs.

The fuses mentioned in this thread are all a major POS I would not trust a human life and equipment on their reliability, regardless how they painted and packaged them. If you want better fuses, you buy Cooper-Bussmann and SIBA HRC (High Rupturing Capacity) ceramic fuses. Any ignorant cottage business can call China and order POS fuses with custom paint for pennies per boatload. If you think those hi-fi shack operations have the facilities to produce anything on their own or afford the volume to order custom made fuses based on new R&D from reputable manufacturers, you are completely wrong.

The fuses inside the NAD amp are cheap POS glass fuses of the worst kind. If you want to upgrade them for safety reasons or whatever reasons, you buy reputable brands that professionals trust their lives with everyday.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

If you put more expensive fuses in a coffee machine, would it make better coffee?

If you put more expensive fuses into a washing machine, would it make your clothes cleaner?

Of course it wouldn't, and just because someone says it will, and they will give me a refund if it doesn't, doesn't mean I'm going to try it just in case. It's the same for a fuse in an amp, and it cannot make a difference to the sound, and anyone who says it can, is quite simply, stupid.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Vlad why so dramatic = never heard of anyone press stop on the player and die because their fuse was not bussman. A flick on RS components and there are many pages of many fuses including military grade bussman fuses.

I dont think anyone is naive enough to think any accessories company is making these themself - whats wrong with putting another manufacturer to work for you china taiwan or thailand - think Apple, Nike Primark to name only but a few do a good with that business model.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts